• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

GroundPounder

How did you end up 'straying', Dawg? Military move...?
My dad was transfered to KC area from Savannah. Stayed through college.

I arrived on first day of 7th grade sounding like Gomer Pyle. Now the only people who think I sound Southern are European.

I'm headed to south Georgia when I retire, where they think I sound like I'm from Canada.

Go Dawgs!, and also Rock Chalk!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
A big thanks to Kansas and Missouri for putting on an exciting game! Boston College deserves a few “scare” points as well.

If it is not your team, most appreciate an upset. Not too bad of a day so far, without any ranked match-ups. LSU put a whoopin' on Miss State. Florida State escaped the upset. Do the pollsters drop the Seminoles down a bit, give LSU some more love? Tennessee has a big test with Florida. There are other ranked teams playing, yet to play, so here is to some interesting games!

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
More good football in the afternoon games. I think ‘Bama needs to be moved down to 15 at best - even if they do win. The Bulldogs let Rattler be Rattler and pulled in a win. OU’s slice-and-dice of Tulsa is like comfort food to us Sooner fans, it doesn’t mean much so maybe OU can climb a few slots up. As for FL State, they might need to be taken down a notch or two as well. I’m looking forward to the CO/CO game tonight.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
More good football in the afternoon games. I think ‘Bama needs to be moved down to 15 at best - even if they do win. The Bulldogs let Rattler be Rattler and pulled in a win. OU’s slice-and-dice of Tulsa is like comfort food to us Sooner fans, it doesn’t mean much so maybe OU can climb a few slots up. As for FL State, they might need to be taken down a notch or two as well. I’m looking forward to the CO/CO game tonight.
Don’t think anyone in SC will blame Rattler considering what he had to work with.

Next week promises to be some great football:
Florida State at Clemson
Colorado at Oregon
UCLA at Utah
Ole Miss at Alabama
Iowa at Penn State
Ohio State at Notre Dame

Yes, now it is getting exciting.

-#19 Colorado at #10 Oregon: We'll find out whether Colorado is a serious contender this year. Colorado then faces #5 USC next week.

-#6 Ohio State at #9 Notre Dame: Playoffs / National Championship hopes on the line. If the Irish get past the Buckeyes, they face #5 USC next month.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The ranked college teams playing the high school non-ranked teams is so boring….what Oregon did to Portland State was silly…then two weeks later Portland State beating up on North American? Is North American a middle school?
1695086363778.png

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Doubt if it will get anywhere, but Oregon State and Washington State - both ranked and both about to bounced out of the Power 5 - are proposing to remodel college football along the lines of European soccer: a relegation league where teams move up and down.

Oregon St. AD: Promotion/relegation model 'worthy of study'​

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Doubt if it will get anywhere, but Oregon State and Washington State - both ranked and both about to bounced out of the Power 5 - are proposing to remodel college football along the lines of European soccer: a relegation league where teams move up and down.

Oregon St. AD: Promotion/relegation model 'worthy of study'​

It is a fascinating concept but all that matters here is media rights. Basically some school or set of schools would need to sue the now-bloated conferences as monopolies thereby killing the contract vehicles…not a bad idea.

MGoBrew11

pilot
None of the big dogs have any incentive to do the relegation idea. Of course those schools mentioned are in favor of it…they’ve already effectively been relegated to the second rung. Won’t ever happen.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Looks like Colorado is having a reality check. Meanwhile, Alabama is pulling away from Ole Miss.

Earlier, Michigan and Oklahoma took care of business while Florida State got outplayed by Clemson but found a way to win (turnovers and special teams).

Wonder if this a changing of the guard moment in the ACC ?