• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Looks like Colorado is having a reality check. Meanwhile, Alabama is pulling away from Ole Miss.

Earlier, Michigan and Oklahoma took care of business while Florida State got outplayed by Clemson but found a way to win (turnovers and special teams).

Wonder if this a changing of the guard moment in the ACC ?
The climb is only getting steeper for Colorado. Still, it is his first year and he has a lot of work to do. I predict a bowl game, just not a great one.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I also have to give props to Dr. Pepper for their Fansville commercials, especially where all the fans talk about the “season being over” while burning fan gear and such only for some guy to note… “It was only the first play of the season.”

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Doubt if it will get anywhere, but Oregon State and Washington State - both ranked and both about to bounced out of the Power 5 - are proposing to remodel college football along the lines of European soccer: a relegation league where teams move up and down.

Oregon St. AD: Promotion/relegation model 'worthy of study'​

I've been supporting this for years, but I don't see how it would happen without screwing up too many people's gravy trains.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
ND had 10 men on the field for the last 2 plays against the Bucks................that's some quality coaching.

I could see this happening at the high school level, but not at a top ten FBS school. Embarrassing.

-Only one upset in the top 25 last week (Washington State over Oregon State)?

-Most compelling games this coming weekend: Notre Dame vs Duke, LSU vs Ole Miss...?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Colorado put a decent showing against USC. It would be interesting to see that Colorado at Oregon the other way around with Oregon playing in Boulder. I wonder if the outcome might have been…closer?

GroundPounder

Colorado put a decent showing against USC. It would be interesting to see that Colorado at Oregon the other way around with Oregon playing in Boulder. I wonder if the outcome might have been…closer?
Coach Sanders is a interesting mixture of flash and personal accountability. I think he will be able to take Colorado to the point that they are in the mix for playoff spots soon.

He will definitely attract guys that want to play for him.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Can someone please explain why college head coaches need a POTUS-like security detail of cops and highway patrolmen around them to go shake the other coach's hand after the game, but NFL head coaches seem to do just fine without? The concept has always bothered me. Who's paying for the Alabama state troopers to go on the road with whiny ass Nick Saban? I'm sure he's got enough AFLAC money to cover his own security...?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats to Oklahoma on a legendary goal line stand and beating Texas, while Southern Cal continues to live dangerously.

As for Miami, that has to be the most idiotic loss I have ever seen. Don’t know if they can bounce back, but the coach should be fired.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Congrats to Oklahoma on a legendary goal line stand and beating Texas, while Southern Cal continues to live dangerously.

As for Miami, that has to be the most idiotic loss I have ever seen. Don’t know if they can bounce back, but the coach should be fired.
OU is surprising this season. We’ll see if they can keep it up, but both sides of the team look solid.