• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

taxi1

pilot
Anybody watch the Johnny Football doc? Pretty good stuff.

That one guy had millions upwards of billions of dollars of impact on Texas A&M. He got nothing for it dollar-wise that he didn't scrounge up outside the rules. But man, he did some serious outside the rules scrounging.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Johnny will be fine long-term.

I'm sure he's got a good financial planner encouraging him to stay within his means, and also advising him of the benefits of dollar-cost averaging, maxing out his Roth, and index funds.

GroundPounder

Johnny will be fine long-term.

I'm sure he's got a good financial planner encouraging him to stay within his means, and also advising him of the benefits of dollar-cost averaging, maxing out his Roth, and index funds.
1692898667105.png

By a stroke of luck, I just happen to have found a picture of his team, just prior to his last meeting to update him on his portfolio performance.

I have not seen the documentary, but here was long form article on him while he was still in school. He was not blessed with parents who had his best interests at heart, at the time. If you have had people in your life that were willing to tell you " no " or steer you in the right direction when you started going off the rails, count your blessings.

taxi1

pilot
View attachment 38650

By a stroke of luck, I just happen to have found a picture of his team, just prior to his last meeting to update him on his portfolio performance.

I have not seen the documentary, but here was long form article on him while he was still in school. He was not blessed with parents who had his best interests at heart, at the time. If you have had people in your life that were willing to tell you " no " or steer you in the right direction when you started going off the rails, count your blessings.
I don't know, kind of reminds me of The Onion article from a bunch of years ago...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Some very good games yesterday. The Texas win over Alabama was just good football. Sadly, as a Sooners fan, it does not bode well for the Red River Rivalry. The CO/Neb game was great with Coach Prime is earning some respect. Even the Oregon Texas Tech game was fun.

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats to the ACC, they have pummeled the SEC early in the season . Florida State looks very good.

Biggest story of the year has to be Coach Prime and the turnaround at Colorado. The Buffaloes have a legitimate player who plays nearly every down on offense and defense - extremely rare.

And here is how the season looks for some of the SEC’s traditional powers:

GroundPounder

Congrats to the ACC, they have pummeled the SEC early in the season . Florida State looks very good.

Biggest story of the year has to be Coach Prime and the turnaround at Colorado. The Buffaloes have a legitimate player who plays nearly every down on offense and defense - extremely rare.

And here is how the season looks for some of the SEC’s traditional powers:

KU grad, but big SEC fan. Everyone but me is a UGA grad in my close and extended family.

Looks like this might be the year SEC is in line for a good ole country ass kickin.

Hope not, but I think it's headed our way.