• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
They’d still need to jump Notre Dame. Now, ND hasn’t really played anyone but Cincy and lost. And Cincy hasn’t really played anyone but ND. And there isn’t a good team in the Big12, but I digress.

By virtue of having that extra game (conference championship game), if the BIG-12 winner emerges with only 1 loss they will jump Notre Dame.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
By virtue of having that extra game (conference championship game), if the BIG-12 winner emerges with only 1 loss they will jump Notre Dame.
By beating someone you already beat earlier in the season in the contrived “championship game” following a round robin schedule? Dumb.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
By beating someone you already beat earlier in the season in the contrived “championship game” following a round robin schedule? Dumb.

Whether it is dumb or not is irrelevant. Assuming Cinci wins out, they are in. By the fact the Bearcats beat ND earlier, ND will take a back seat to a 1 loss BIG-12 champion. Granted, Cincinnati, ND and the BIG-12 champions will likely be obliterated by Georgia and Ohio State setting up an interesting title game between OSU’s high octane offense and Georgia’s Junkyard Dawg Defense. Always bet defense….

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Whether it is dumb or not is irrelevant. Assuming Cinci wins out, they are in. By the fact the Bearcats beat ND earlier, ND will take a back seat to a 1 loss BIG-12 champion. Granted, Cincinnati, ND and the BIG-12 champions will likely be obliterated by Georgia and Ohio State setting up an interesting title game between OSU’s high octane offense and Georgia’s Junkyard Dawg Defense. Always bet defense….
Then the Big12 should make their “championship game” a best two out of three series. Think of the jump the champ could get by beating the same team three times!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Then the Big12 should make their “championship game” a best two out of three series. Think of the jump the champ could get by beating the same team three times!

I didn’t say it was right or wrong, but rather how the rankings will play out.

Don't know how relevant this is, but Georgia beat Cinnci last year with a last second field goal. It may be closer that you think.

Glad to see the Cinci do well in the rankings and a non-Power-5 conference team make the playoffs. That said, I expect them to keep close for a quarter or a half before eventually being overwhelmed.

Really looking forward to the SEC championship game. Most people are expecting a close game - but I expect years, decades, of Georgia rage to raze ‘Bama to the ground, burn the stadium and sow salt on the field. Something like this:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Quite a game…loved the comment by one of the Fox guys that he’d “like to see Georgia play in the snow.” Well done by Michigan.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Alabama certainly has its hands full with Auburn in the Iron Bowl today. What are the odds we get ‘Bama vs Ohio State on New Year’s Day?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Four OTs for Alabama to win…they should be dropped from the top four. I imagine they will not fare well against Georgia.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I fear OU is going to lose this one on penalties alone. Too bad…they looked good on occasion. About 10 minutes left.