• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fn

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
That ****ing sucks. Maybe i'll just have to get an AR-15 or something.

A semi-auto MP5 (called HK94) will cost a couple thousand.

Get an AR-15, it's worth it, I have two. I have a 20" A2 HBAR configuration and a 16" M4 configuration. I love them, they're my favorite rifles. I built both for under $700.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I second the AR. Have two uppers, a 16" M4gery A4 free-floated, and a 20" stainless steel varmint bull barrel A4, free-floated as well, both by DoubleStar/JT Distributing. 425 for the bull barrel, 385 for the standard.

Lower is a Rock River Arms, bought it complete for 250.

MUCH cheaper/easier to find ammunition, too, and most surplus ammunition in .223 is pretty decent...it's not old enough (normally) to be **** ammo.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
A non-HK semi-auto clone with a 16" barrel is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM cooler than a full-auto HK MP5. Dude, quit smoking the crack. ;)

If you are suggesting "Special Weapons" MP5s... they're sh!t.

I meant a bobcat, vector, or a "worked over" SW, and no I didn't mean that they are cooler than a FA, but cooler than a p-90. Bobcat, if they are still making them, builds a pretty good copy. You could always pay the SBR tax and it would look identical.

As far as buying a real full auto MP-5 plan to spend $12,000 to 16,000. And make sure you get a "sear" gun, as they are more sought after and allow the sear to be switched between guns.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:

Get an AR-15, it's worth it, I have two. I have a 20" A2 HBAR configuration and a 16" M4 configuration. I love them, they're my favorite rifles. I built both for under $700.

An HK-94 will set you back around $3500 to $5000 nowadays, and I second the AR-15. With an AR you can buy one gun then buy more uppers to change between 20" and M-4, etc.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
xmid said:
I meant a bobcat, vector, or a "worked over" SW, and no I didn't mean that they are cooler than a FA, but cooler than a p-90. Bobcat, if they are still making them, builds a pretty good copy. You could always pay the SBR tax and it would look identical.

I have a Vector AK-47 that's awesome. Maybe I"ll check out their MP5 clones when I have more money I want to blow ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I've kinda lost track ... but full-auto, entry level Class 3 weapons (i.e., a Ruger GB - OK, or an Ingram -- crap) will run @ $3,500-$6,000. And then ... there's the paperwork and transfer fees -- read taxes from a cynical government. And then you have to live in the "right" state, jurisdiction, etc., etc. ... :)

Last time I checked on 1928 Thompsons and the like --- they are WELL over $17,000 and climbing.

Other examples:
Colt M16: $20,000
IMI Uzi: $8,000
Inland M2's: $7,000
MP-40: $20,000
M240B: $175,000
BAR: $22,500 (on sale!!!)

These are the ubiquitous "automatic" and "machine guns" that the media loathes and fears. These are the guns that get the "bad press". These are the ones the the gun-grabbers REALLY want to make extinct, in addition to most others held in private hands.

They are not exactly the Saturday night "special" you've heard about or something the local druggie will use to hold up the 7-11, yes??? :)

There's a UN confab starting this month, I believe. It's designed to ban "small arms". World-wide, but especially ... in the US. :) Gotta love it ... keep your powder dry ...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
There's a UN confab starting this month, I believe. It's designed to ban "small arms". World-wide, but especially ... in the US. :) Gotta love it ... keep your powder dry ...

July 4th to be exact. I take that as a personal insult.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:

Last time I checked on 1928 Thompsons and the like --- they are WELL over $17,000 and climbing.

Wanna hear something that will make you cry? A friend of my fathers that is a retired Army Colonel went to an estate tag sale about 7-8 years ago and found both a Thompson and an M-16. In both of their boxes(!) was their NFA paperwork. He asked the deceased's daughter what she wanted for them and she said $1500. He did what many people would not and politely said, "Mam, these guns are worth quite a bit more" and she said that she didn't like guns and just wanted to get rid of them for $1500. He paid the woman the money and told her about the paperwork that would be involved. In about 6 months he had both guns in his possesion. The guns were specifically mentioned in the man's will, which is important because if they are not in your will they go to the ATF for disposal. Coincidentally the Thompson had 2 new original drum magazines with it, that the colonel later sold for some ungodly amount. He does not have the Thompson anymore, but keeps a collection of 27 registered NFA guns.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
If you want a plastic FN spacegun to play with, look at the FS2000; the first reports of people receiving theirs are coming in. Shoots the common .223, uses M16 mags.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
A4sForever said:
They are not exactly the Saturday night "special" you've heard about or something the local druggie will use to hold up the 7-11, yes??? :)

"According to eyewitness accounts, the alleged perpetrators were believed to be carrying what appeared to be a Browning M-2 Heavy Machine Gun (with one suspect carrying the ammunition box). Fortunately, due to the weight of the weapon, they were unable to make off with anything. Police are still reviewing the convenience store's surveillance camera videotape."

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
These are the ubiquitous "automatic" and "machine guns" that the media loathes and fears. These are the guns that get the "bad press". These are the ones the the gun-grabbers REALLY want to make extinct, in addition to most others held in private hands.

Only one crime on file commited with an NFA Class III firearm... committed by a police officer.

Most people have no idea that full-auto is even legal in many states. Blows their mind :)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
They would be no match for Thomas Autry, the ex-Marine that brought a knife to a gun fight in Atlanta!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
xmid said:
They would be no match for Thomas Autry, the ex-Marine that brought a knife to a gun fight in Atlanta!

Remember... rush a gun and run from a knife. He did it right :)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
xmid said:
The guns were specifically mentioned in the man's will, which is important because if they are not in your will they go to the ATF for disposal.

If your guns aren't specifically mentioned in your will they go to the BATF?! Or is that for full auto only? I've not heard this before.