• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fn

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Looking at getting a FN combo. The Five Seven and the PS90. Anyone shot these, or have an opinion?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You mean one of these ????

I guess my only question is: Why???

I guess, because you can ... ???:)
And with --- 5.7mm??? I suppose you know where to get a regular supply of that -- I don't.

Just my $20 worth ..... I've never been a fan of Bullpup-style rifles. :eek: F
or the uninitiated, "bullpup" being significantly shorter than a standard rifle or carbine while still maintaining the ballistics of the original. At least that's the idea ....

I don't like the high sight position, magazine arrangement, overall shape/"fit" --- basically not too much. I fired the Steyr AUG and the Brit L85 . It would require a LOT of time at the range for me to become "comfortable" with a bullpup design. If I were to get one --- it would be the Steyr, but mostly for the "oddity-quotient". The L85 is a P.O.S., always has been, and they have been tryin' to polish that pig for years and years.

Don't know anything about the specifics of your proposed purchase other than what I've read .... sorry. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NeoCortex said:
Looking at getting a FN combo. The Five Seven and the PS90. Anyone shot these, or have an opinion?

Hope you have money...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^^ Seems like $1500-$2000 ??? That sound right?? I'm not going to look it up, but I think that's what the semi-auto was going for ...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Just saw the semi-auto for $1210 the other day at a gun shop. Granted, these guys have a slight history of price inflation, but they're usually not too bad. I have to say, though, I'm not fond of the design. I've shot the short barrell, full-auto version (the P90, I think?) before, and it's just plain uncomfortable. Supposedly, it requires a different concept of supporting the weapon, which places the buttstock more towards the center of the chest, but I'm not buying it.

FN has been advertising their Five-Seven pistol pretty heavily recently, though. It seems like they're after the LE/Military realm from the ads I've seen. I have yet to read any reviews on the pistol itself, though.

Bit of a threadjack, but is there anyone producing leather for the XD in .45ACP yet? Nothing but Kydex so far.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Good link, A4s. Previously mentioned gun shop is going to get my boot in their ass, as they told me Galco didn't make squat for it, other than Kydex. Looks like I've got more than a few options, so thanks.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
the P-90 looks cool, but i think i'd go for a MP-5, tried and true. Not that i could begin to afford either.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
the P-90 looks cool, but i think i'd go for a MP-5, tried and true. Not that i could begin to afford either.

I had the pleasure of shooting an integrally suppressed MP5. If I had the cash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I had the pleasure of shooting an integrally suppressed MP5. If I had the cash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Hell, while we're wishing .... if I didn't "live" in Hawaii and Washington, I'd have an MP5, an M16, a Thompson, a BAR, and a whole bunch of other stuff --- a long time ago. :eek:

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You could get a MP-5 replica (non-HK) semi-auto for around 1200. It would be a hell of a lot cooler.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
xmid said:
You could get a MP-5 replica (non-HK) semi-auto for around 1200. It would be a hell of a lot cooler.

A non-HK semi-auto clone with a 16" barrel is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM cooler than a full-auto HK MP5. Dude, quit smoking the crack. ;)

If you are suggesting "Special Weapons" MP5s... they're sh!t.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
How much does an HK MP% normally retail, if you're buying for personal use.

A no-sh!t full-auto? Several thousand... if you're lucky.