• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fn

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
If your guns aren't specifically mentioned in your will they go to the BATF?! Or is that for full auto only? I've not heard this before.

Note to self, make a will with guns in it.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
PropStop said:
If your guns aren't specifically mentioned in your will they go to the BATF?! Or is that for full auto only? I've not heard this before.
Yep, pretty sure that's correct. Not the first time I've heard the same thing (and the last time I heard it was pretty recently). It's in the NFA (somewhere) if I recall correctly.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Goober said:
Yep, pretty sure that's correct. Not the first time I've heard the same thing (and the last time I heard it was pretty recently). It's in the NFA (somewhere) if I recall correctly.

well, needed to update my will anyhow.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I believe it only applies to NFA items (guns or silencers), as most everything else does not have to be registered and there is no way to really track it. A plain jain hunting rifle can be given to someone or bought and sold between two individuals, NFA can not. So if you have any NFA items definitely put them in your will... to any one! To keep them from being destroyed and off the market forever.

Birdman

xmid said:
I meant a bobcat, vector, or a "worked over" SW, and no I didn't mean that they are cooler than a FA, but cooler than a p-90. Bobcat, if they are still making them, builds a pretty good copy. You could always pay the SBR tax and it would look identical.

As far as buying a real full auto MP-5 plan to spend $12,000 to 16,000. And make sure you get a "sear" gun, as they are more sought after and allow the sear to be switched between guns.
So, these vector rifles...Are they replica's or something? I just went to their site, and my main question is why are they so cheap? Are they replica's or just pieces of sh!t or what?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
They are replicas of a semi-auto MP-5 (HK94). If you want one with the short barrel you will have to pay a one time $200 short barreled rifle tax. And no... they aren't pieces of sh!t. Some of the replicas have been aka Special Weapons. Vector is a very respectable company in the gun industry and they are building some excellent guns. Many of the parts are HK and the ones that aren't are supposedly built to HK's specs.

Birdman

Ok, maybe I should've said that better. Are they non-functioning replicas, or are they just generic working rifles? And if they are generic are they reliable.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
Ok, maybe I should've said that better. Are they non-functioning replicas, or are they just generic working rifles? And if they are generic are they reliable.

My Vector V-47C is a clone of the AK-47, however it's semi-automatic, not fully-automatic. It functions flawlessly. The AK-47 is the most cloned rifle on the earth probably (maybe Mausers win that)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Birdman1 said:

Yes they are generic working rifles. They are the closest thing available right now to an HK94 (semi-auto) without buying an HK94, which will set you back about $3000 to $5000.

wutzu

Don't believe FN's hype. It's a 28gr. bullet! Boy scouts shoot heavier bullets than that!

Additionally, you will be paying blood money for ammo, unless you're prepared to handload your own, which is even more expenditure, and a break-even point that's thousands of rounds away.

Stick to .223/5.56mm, 9mm, .45, and save yourself some money.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Remember... rush a gun and run from a knife. He did it right :)
Exactly ... we used to do "knife vs. gun" drills when training the local county gendarmes and some forestry-inclined Feds.

Starting from @ 12-15 feet --- a guy with a knife --- who probably learned his knife "manual of arms" in prison --- will usually "win" when confronted by a legal, law-abiding pistol packin' fool who has to decide, draw, present, and fire. :eek: