• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying for Navy, Marines or Air Force?

torpedo0126

Alright, thanks guys for your help. Thanks also for not flaming me; I was prepared for it LOL.

The reason I asked about lifting is because bodybuilding is a huge hobby of mine... and I was worried that maybe they wouldn't let you lift in flight school. As of right now I'm 6'2", 220 lbs, around 12% body fat. Would I have to lose some mass to fit the height to weight requirements even though I'm already fit?

you can lift in flight school. reread his post. i don't feel like checking, but I think you are out of weight standards. assuming you are right that your 12% bodyfat is correct, you will get taped and be fine.

the only problem is the way Navy/Marine Corps tape is pretty inaccurate and can sometimes come down to if you have a thick neck or not.

As of right now I'm 6'2"

Now that you said your height, there is a possibility that you could get NPQ'd for jets because of your sitting height or something.

HornyU2

pilot
None
Is this thread for real??????????? I feel like I took a whole bottle of crazy pills.

Seriously, somebody comes on here and asks which service will make it easier to be a fighter pilot, which service will make it easier to meet ladies, and then talks about his biggest concern to becoming one - which is that he is worried about being to huge and muscular to be a fighter pilot (complete with stats and everything.). WTFO!!

Initialize - you need to put the volleyball down and turn off "Top Gun", delete the pictures of you in your posing trunks that you are thinking of posting on here, and go get yourself a fake ID so you can start learning to drink a little beer. Pick up a calculus book or two and start preparing for some standardized tests that are gonna determine whether or not you even get a chance at wings, much less a plane with a pointy nose. Learn to talk to girls outside of chat rooms - then you wont care which job helps you meet ladies. And next time you think of asking these questions in front of winged military aviators, follow these steps:

1. Write it down to get it just right
2. Practice saying it in front of a mirror
3. And then, and this is the most important step ................... Don't Fucking Ask It.

If you ever really do make it into a fighter cockpit - you will know how good of advice that was.

Cheers. Welcome to AirWarriors.

Lobster

Come on man, we're all mere mortal men here. I'd say that's a legit question, even if it is a bit silly.

Pic don't encourage those questions ;), it seems like they've been showing up a lot lately...I think guys are forgetting an important fact here, the longer you stay single the more $$$ cash money you have and I'm sure the less headaches you'll have while in flight school. Honestly, you should be more worried about getting in and making sure you don't f*#k it up than finding "Mrs. Right". If you're really dying to get wifed up maybe match.com might be better than airwarriors.com...

And heed Horny's wise words...

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Now that you said your height, there is a possibility that you could get NPQ'd for jets because of your sitting height or something.

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, with that physique, you're probably not a good fit for Naval Aviation anyways. Have you considered special ops at all? The forum on www.socnet.com looks good... maybe they can give some guidance on whether you have better luck scoring women as a SEAL or as a Ranger?

Either way, come back and let us know how that goes

grant_davis

Haha wow... I was out of the country for a while, great post to come back to.. Keep up the research initialize sounds like you are asking the real 'tough' questions that should be considered when planning your feature.. Can't wait to see the motivational statement.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
AF officers & pilots wear uniforms based on those worn by Greyhound bus drivers w/ dull silver wings. Navy officers wear the greatest blues & whites uniforms in the world w/ gold wings that make girls wet between the legs & drop their panties.

Is there any choice here?

Lobster

AF officers & pilots wear uniforms based on those worn by Greyhound bus drivers w/ dull silver wings. Navy officers wear the greatest blues & whites uniforms in the world w/ gold wings that make girls wet between the legs & drop their panties.

Is there any choice here?

Pretty much sums it up :D.

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
Haha well if you want a girl's opinion... I always thought Navy guys were hot. Of course, I may be a bit biased...

But seriously, if getting chicks is in the top 3 of your list of criteria for a career in the military (or really anywhere on the list), especially when your reason for pursuing that career should be to serve your country, I wouldn't want anything to do with you no matter what uniform you wore. Nor would most of the girls I know. But best of luck with that line of thinking...

Bevo16

pilot
The vast majority of young women are liberal and stupid - not exactly the type to swoon over a military man.

Brett

You are looking at this all wrong.

If the uniform can automatically weed out liberal/stupid ones, that's a bonus. The rest is up to the guy wearing the thing.

[FUNNYSTORY=Bevo;858487]
I was at Longboards in PB one night an my buddy (who is a little bit like "Slingblade" from Tucker Max's book if you have read it) is hitting on this hot blonde. She asks what he does, and he goes into the "I am a pilot in the Navy..." spiel. Even in SD that usually works pretty well.

Somewhat unimpressed, she gave him that confused puppy look, and asked "Well, where do you live?" He replies, "About 65 feet out that door (pointing at the back door of Longboards)" This gets an even more confused look from Barbie, and she asks "So where do you work?"...."Well, I am stationed at North Island and fly out of the air station there." ....Barbie: "You mean the airport?" Slingblade: "No, the Navy base, on North Island...you know...Coronado...Are you not from here?"

Barbie starts to act a little insulted at this point, and replies, "No, I was raised in San Diego and have lived here my whole life. I didn't know there was A Navy base here." I had to turn around at that point to keep from laughing in the girls face, and I hear the following:

"Sweetheart, you are currently standing within 15 miles of not 1, not 2, not 3 in fact FIVE Naval Bases. San Diego has the second largest Naval base in the country! How is it possible that you grew up here and missed that? Did you never wonder what all those grey ships were doing in the bay????"

^^^^ All this was said in the same tone that he would use in a HAC board if someone said that they had never heard of a "Preflight" procedure. Barbie was not impressed, but the feeling was pretty mutual. After about 20 minutes of watching my friend going to everyone he knew in the bar, pointing out the girl and telling the story of how stupid she was and watching them laugh at her, she finally left. [/FUNNYSTORY]

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are looking at this all wrong.

If the uniform can automatically weed out liberal/stupid ones, that's a bonus. The rest is up to the guy wearing the thing.

[FUNNYSTORY=Bevo;858487]
I was at Longboards in PB one night an my buddy (who is a little bit like "Slingblade" from Tucker Max's book if you have read it) is hitting on this hot blonde. She asks what he does, and he goes into the "I am a pilot in the Navy..." spiel. Even in SD that usually works pretty well.

Somewhat unimpressed, she gave him that confused puppy look, and asked "Well, where do you live?" He replies, "About 65 feet out that door (pointing at the back door of Longboards)" This gets an even more confused look from Barbie, and she asks "So where do you work?"...."Well, I am stationed at North Island and fly out of the air station there." ....Barbie: "You mean the airport?" Slingblade: "No, the Navy base, on North Island...you know...Coronado...Are you not from here?"

Barbie starts to act a little insulted at this point, and replies, "No, I was raised in San Diego and have lived here my whole life. I didn't know there was A Navy base here." I had to turn around at that point to keep from laughing in the girls face, and I hear the following:

"Sweetheart, you are currently standing within 15 miles of not 1, not 2, not 3 in fact FIVE Naval Bases. San Diego has the second largest Naval base in the country! How is it possible that you grew up here and missed that? Did you never wonder what all those grey ships were doing in the bay????"

^^^^ All this was said in the same tone that he would use in a HAC board if someone said that they had never heard of a "Preflight" procedure. Barbie was not impressed, but the feeling was pretty mutual. After about 20 minutes of watching my friend going to everyone he knew in the bar, pointing out the girl and telling the story of how stupid she was and watching them laugh at her, she finally left. [/FUNNYSTORY]

That's a good one. Like I said, stupid - powerfully so.

Brett