• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying for Navy, Marines or Air Force?

yodaears

pilot
Try the search feature. Something along the lines of "Marines vs. Navy" would probably be a good start.

Jennok

My question is this: With regard to the officer in question about trashing his choker whites-- The Navy guys on here bash the AF for ironing their flight suits, "looking pretty," and the Marine corps for giving a damn about their overall aesthetics, etc. On the other hand, the Navy guys are saying that after x amount of time in the fleet, it "doesn't matter," well how can you say this and then talk about taking pride in tradition of the Navy? It seems pretty backwards to sh*t talk people for taking pride in the way they look and represent their respective service branch, and you sh*t on your own branch. Sure, it seems insignificant I'm sure when you are on a carrier walking to and fro but is it not a uniform? Is it not something that is highly regarded? Did you not bust your ass to earn the right to wear it? Do you not value your tradition? Do you not respect the uniform and what it represents? Do you not give a damn about the people who wore it before you, and that indirectly you represent them too?

I'd be f*cking embarrassed to be called out like that for poorly representing the military in any regard. Don't get me wrong, I am dead set on the Navy but it just seems pretty asinine to ridicule people for something and then drop the tradition card when clearly, it means nothing to you. Sure, flame me about how its more than just about a uniform, believe me, I get that, but the uniform is a tangible representation of the of military 'tradition' you 'believe' so much in...

rant off. flame on.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...The Navy guys on here bash the AF for ironing their flight suits, "looking pretty," and the Marine corps for giving a damn about their overall aesthetics, etc. On the other hand, the Navy guys are saying that after x amount of time in the fleet, it "doesn't matter," well how can you say this and then talk about taking pride in tradition of the Navy? It seems pretty backwards to sh*t talk people for taking pride in the way they look and represent their respective service branch, and you sh*t on your own branch...I'd be f*cking embarrassed to be called out like that for poorly representing the military in any regard. Don't get me wrong, I am dead set on the Navy but it just seems pretty asinine to ridicule people for something and then drop the tradition card when clearly, it means nothing to you.

How about you actually get in a uniform first, then you can lecture us on how we should wear one or how we should talk about other services. If you were actually in the military, you'd know that inter-service ball-busting is one of those traditions you've heard so much about. Nobody takes it seriously. De-miff and un-huff a bit, Francis.

zab said it best:

Just because you CAN post doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My question is this: With regard to the officer in question about trashing his choker whites-- The Navy guys on here bash the AF for ironing their flight suits, "looking pretty," and the Marine corps for giving a damn about their overall aesthetics, etc. On the other hand, the Navy guys are saying that after x amount of time in the fleet, it "doesn't matter," well how can you say this and then talk about taking pride in tradition of the Navy? It seems pretty backwards to sh*t talk people for taking pride in the way they look and represent their respective service branch, and you sh*t on your own branch. Sure, it seems insignificant I'm sure when you are on a carrier walking to and fro but is it not a uniform? Is it not something that is highly regarded? Did you not bust your ass to earn the right to wear it? Do you not value your tradition? Do you not respect the uniform and what it represents? Do you not give a damn about the people who wore it before you, and that indirectly you represent them too?

I'd be f*cking embarrassed to be called out like that for poorly representing the military in any regard. Don't get me wrong, I am dead set on the Navy but it just seems pretty asinine to ridicule people for something and then drop the tradition card when clearly, it means nothing to you. Sure, flame me about how its more than just about a uniform, believe me, I get that, but the uniform is a tangible representation of the of military 'tradition' you 'believe' so much in...

rant off. flame on.

Nice, a wannabe attempting to lecture others (meaning those with experience) on what's right and wrong. I say Jencock's name from here on out is assjockey...

Reactions: E26

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
....but is it not a uniform?
No, a fight suit is NOT a uniform in the Navy. You thinking it was, and somehow to be regarded equally to say, Aviation Greens or Mess Dress, is why the two previous posts are relevant.

Jennok

Nice, a wannabe attempting to lecture others (meaning those with experience) on what's right and wrong. I say Jencock's name from here on out is assjockey...

Superior use of diction. "Assjockey." A gentleman AND a scholar... It wasn't a lecture until you made it one. I just find it ironic how only some people are allowed to throw rocks in glass houses... But the others are just called a cock and an ass hat.

-- Yours truly, "Jencock."

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... It wasn't a lecture until you made it one. ...

I don't think so!!

rant off. flame on.

Let's see. You call it a question, and somewhere in there I think I even saw a question mark, but you self identify it as a rant. A rant isn't a question and I do belive that was a rant. I expect that is what you intended. Either way, your post is both questioning and very opinionated. It was also uninformed and disrespectful. If you asked the same questions in a truly inquisitive fashion from a neutral point of view the reaction would have gotten would have been very different, and you might have learned something. Instead, you look like a fool and have lost respect of people that, believe it or not, you will want to have some day. Next time, ask questions to inform yourself and then offer a QUALIFIED opinion.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Superior use of diction. "Assjockey." A gentleman AND a scholar... It wasn't a lecture until you made it one. I just find it ironic how only some people are allowed to throw rocks in glass houses... But the others are just called a cock and an ass hat.

Here's thing, Jencock or assjockey, the mere fact you came in here to give your two bits about something you know nothing of means you're meat. An opinion is one thing but you're opinion would be based on what, experience? You see, you are a wannabe and with that, you have to earn the right, even on the net, to be respected (for lack of a better word). You came in here ranting like a bitch and thus will be treated like one. Clear? I hope :)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We really need a "Pissy Wannabes Hall of Fame" sticky here.

Jencock - I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you do not belong to our club. Members of our club - dudes and chicks who've actually walked the walk, put on a uniform and done something - get to talk shit and tell us we're assholes. You don't. Besides which, you're cocking an attitude with a bunch of mid-to-senior-grade officers when you're trying to get yourself into our club. So either you're counting on the anonimity of the Interwebs, in which case you're a craven internet tough guy, or you're a self-destructing moron. Either way, you will not win this argument. If you're too proud and stupid to realize it's a bad idea to rant when you don't have the remotest clue what you're talking about, then you're welcome to get the fuck out. Regardless, shut your mouth while the grownups are talking.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bz!

We really need a "Pissy Wannabes Hall of Fame" sticky here.

Jencock - I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you do not belong to our club. Members of our club - dudes and chicks who've actually walked the walk, put on a uniform and done something - get to talk shit and tell us we're assholes. You don't. Besides which, you're cocking an attitude with a bunch of mid-to-senior-grade officers when you're trying to get yourself into our club. So either you're counting on the anonimity of the Interwebs, in which case you're a craven internet tough guy, or you're a self-destructing moron. Either way, you will not win this argument. If you're too proud and stupid to realize it's a bad idea to rant when you don't have the remotest clue what you're talking about, then you're welcome to get the fuck out. Regardless, shut your mouth while the grownups are talking.

Spot on, Unk, +1. Chance for this tyro to develop a little wisdom. Will it happen, we'll see... this 'tude gets OLD!:confused:
BzB

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Wow, I can honestly say that I would never have the balls to come in and make a bold statement like that in the current position I'm in.

Bevo's put me in check before for a few things, but did it via PM and that got worked out and is fine now.

I was wondering how long it would take for that Jencock to realize how much of a shit sandwich he was in after that statement. Interwebs or not, once people realize that YOU were "that guy", and they meet you in person, I feel like all credibility you could've built up is gone.

Oh well its not me :D