• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Pay Changes

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Arguably the best Police album.

3bc3c337bb5234ccaeefa2fcaaad861852e38fa97cc391872f4ad3ac-614x336.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I read it with a hard c, because "mediocrity" was the first word that came to mind when I read "TACRON."

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Confirmed from several different sources now, no flight pay increase until sometime between March and never.

Let me be at least the third person here to say, the Navy missed a golden fucking opportunity to reverse at least a small part of the negative QoL story that- along with airline hiring- has been driving people toward the door.

Now I get to clarify this with my squadron, since I sent it out banking on the DFAS website... my bad. Happy Monday! :confused:

Last edited:

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Par for the course. Kinda like the 40% reduction in COLA at Yokosuka that kicked in 01 Jan with no messaging at all from leadership... Thankfully moral is already off the chart out here..../s

croakerfish

pilot
Par for the course. Kinda like the 40% reduction in COLA at Yokosuka that kicked in 01 Jan with no messaging at all from leadership... Thankfully moral is already off the chart out here..../s

Wow that is some bullshit.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I hear other changes to flight pay are coming in the near future (year or so). Basically was told by a guy at the bureau, if you are not in a job actually flying, then no flight pay.

I really hope this turns out to be bullshit and is just bad gouge floating around.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Confirmed from several different sources now, no flight pay increase until sometime between March and never.

Let me be at least the third person here to say, the Navy missed a golden fucking opportunity to reverse at least a small part of the negative QoL story that- along with airline hiring- has been driving people toward the door.

Now I get to clarify this with my squadron, since I sent it out banking on the DFAS website... my bad. Happy Monday! :confused:

I admittedly have to do the same. Do you have it in writing / where's your source for this?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I hear other changes to flight pay are coming in the near future (year or so). Basically was told by a guy at the bureau, if you are not in a job actually flying, then no flight pay.

I really hope this turns out to be bullshit and is just bad gouge floating around.

Smart move. Alienate the exact people, that percentage wise are 1) in not actually flying jobs and 2) are the body pool the DH slate needs to pull from.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I think that's extremely unlikely. The momentum in compensation, bonuses and similar policy initiatives are moving toward increases, not reductions.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I admittedly have to do the same. Do you have it in writing / where's your source for this?

Not yet. I can't find anything on the NPC website (standard!), and my question to PERS-435 has gone unanswered so far. Nothing but anecdotal evidence to suggest March, and I won't send out an email without anything firm. I did pass the word to the other hinges and the front office today that, no, we won't see a bump on our next paycheck. :rolleyes:

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
I think that's extremely unlikely. The momentum in compensation, bonuses and similar policy initiatives are moving toward increases, not reductions.

I hope you're right. Otherwise, of all the dumb, short-sighted 'good ideas' I've observed over the years, I'd consider that to be near peak-stupid.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I just did rough math using the mid-month pay stub off of MyPay and it would appear that the flight pay bump has not occurred, assuming my mid-month and end of month pay are about the same.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I just did rough math using the mid-month pay stub off of MyPay and it would appear that the flight pay bump has not occurred, assuming my mid-month and end of month pay are about the same.
Same here on the Army side. The only change I see is due to the small cost of living increase (I assume). I don't have a detailed break down yet o my LES, just net pay.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
So, asked again and here is what I got. Expect the increased monthly flight pay in the next few months. There will be caveats. The max amount for each year blocks will ONLY be paid to those who are still “on track”. When one strays off track by his or her own choice or things just don’t work out, expect your flight pay to decrease or go away. The “off track” jobs are still being decided by those at the bureau as is the amount of decreased and no flight pay for each of those jobs. These decreased/no flight pay off track jobs will be used to fund the flight pay for those “on track”. This is kind of like the bonus tiers for different platforms.

If this no kidding happens, it will just be another reason for guys to bail. I am so glad I am retiring. Man, I swear, the Navy can fuck up a wet dream sometimes.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
So, asked again and here is what I got. Expect the increased monthly flight pay in the next few months. There will be caveats. The max amount for each year blocks will ONLY be paid to those who are still “on track”. When one strays off track by his or her own choice or things just don’t work out, expect your flight pay to decrease or go away. The “off track” jobs are still being decided by those at the bureau as is the amount of decreased and no flight pay for each of those jobs. These decreased/no flight pay off track jobs will be used to fund the flight pay for those “on track”. This is kind of like the bonus tiers for different platforms.

If this no kidding happens, it will just be another reason for guys to bail. I am so glad I am retiring. Man, I swear, the Navy can fuck up a wet dream sometimes.
This doesn't really affect me, as I'm already bailing this year with retirement letter going up the COC. Odd note there, my detailer informed me it was with the education office, WTF do they get a chop on my retirement for? I would think any MSR would have been adjusted already. Regardless, I think this increase will do two things. 1)Give away free money to people who are staying anyways 2) If true about the "off track" push more people out. Either way, enjoy the money to those who get it! I recommend for the helo guys to use the extra money and rent a Cessna and build some hours for the regionals when your MSR is up :D

On an semi-related note. In a squadron I saw a poster of an ERJ cockpit cutout with a regional carrier name listed on it. If that doesn't tell you the state of rotary wing aviation, then you're blind as a bat.