• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight helmet designs

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I carved a “custom” sticker out of reflective tape representing my callsign back in the day. IMO helmet jobs shouldn’t be TOO slick, it takes away from the saltiness.
I did some custom "Red Five" appliqués in the front of my helmet over a weekend during my HSC fleet tour. Took me a few hours, but turned out nice. Put it back in my locker. Go to fly a few days later and it was gone. 🤨

Our salty PR2 who was running the shop said matter of factly, "The only person who can approve helmet stickers is her or the CO". Given the fact I was an H2P and she had a penchant for disassembling working helmets to cannalbalize headphone amps or "lose" drysuits, I didn't fight it. Dysfunctional in retrospect.

croakerfish

pilot
I did some custom "Red Five" appliqués in the front of my helmet over a weekend during my HSC fleet tour. Took me a few hours, but turned out nice. Put it back in my locker. Go to fly a few days later and it was gone. 🤨

Our salty PR2 who was running the shop said matter of factly, "The only person who can approve helmet stickers is her or the CO". Given the fact I was an H2P and she had a penchant for disassembling working helmets to cannalbalize headphone amps or "lose" drysuits, I didn't fight it. Dysfunctional in retrospect.
Yeah that tracks. Only the CO and some random 2nd Class have this magnificent power.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Typical AF O-5. "Hey Snack-O, can you take a break real quick and do this photoshoot for us? The Colonel wants some pics"
I am having flashbacks to a bunch of us JOs trying to work MS Paint and Powerpoint in order to crank out storyboard slides for the Admiral so she could brief SACEUR/COMEUCOM, CJCS, and SECDEF on the happenings within COMSIXTHFLT AOR. I really don't know what they got out of those because we had very little artistic talent and even those who did didn't have the proper tools.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Yeah that tracks. Only the CO and some random 2nd Class have this magnificent power.

She effectively staged a coup of the PR1 (who admittedly wasn't awesome) to make herself LPO. Our incompetent MO, who let the MMCPO run the department, allowed it and rewarded her with a recommendation to CAP to 1st. JOPA found out at awards quarters and only then aired the laundry to the CO, who didn't know any of it. Why be a PR if you hate helo pilots and aircrew? Oh wait, I know, she wanted to go back to VFA with "Real pilots" 🤬

croakerfish

pilot
She effectively staged a coup of the PR1 (who admittedly wasn't awesome) to make herself LPO. Our incompetent MO, who let the MMCPO run the department, allowed it and rewarded her with a recommendation to CAP to 1st. JOPA found out at awards quarters and only then aired the laundry to the CO, who didn't know any of it. Why be a PR if you hate helo pilots and aircrew? Oh wait, I know, she wanted to go back to VFA with "Real pilots" 🤬
Holy shit.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Cool video of a tape job using actual gov issue ERDL camo pattern vinyl - old school. This is awesome. This makes for a nice retro helmet. The dynamo label maker really cinches it!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Cool video of a tape job using actual gov issue ERDL camo pattern vinyl - old school. This is awesome. This makes for a nice retro helmet. The dynamo label maker really cinches it!

The best part is the old embossing tape gun…what a find!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
That's incredible to me, and I've never met a PR who wished to go back to VFA. Unreal. I'd be livid too. I haven't always had the most talented or hard working PRs, but the majority really have been salt of the earth people I have enjoyed working with and our current crop is pretty good.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
That's incredible to me, and I've never met a PR who wished to go back to VFA. Unreal. I'd be livid too. I haven't always had the most talented or hard working PRs, but the majority really have been salt of the earth people I have enjoyed working with and our current crop is pretty good.

It was a weird time with the budget issues and I was too new to understand what was happening. I have a lot less respect for the MO at the time.