• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight helmet designs

DeltaKilo

What was your favorite reflective tape pattern you've seen under the design of a helmet? My PR did a poor, overlapping volleyball style tape job on my new helmet after I got edge roll. Some notable ones I've seen are the fish scales, the X pattern, and straight across. Brainstorming ideas for a new pattern for the white reflective tape (legacy, non-JHMCS helmet).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
AF is embracing the trend...

1703177241670.png

However, my all time favorite helmet scheme was the 1970-1980's era ERDL/Woodland tape on the HGU series helmets worn by A-10 / A-7 / B-52 / and FB-111 crews supporting NATO from Iceland to West Germany. Classic and cool beyond measure. Triggers my inner Red Storm Rising!

1703177548856.png

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
While we are on the subject - AF is about to deploy the next gen fixed-wing helmet - an amazing piece of gear from Lift. Integrated noise cancelling, smartphone app to allow individual pilots/NFO to fit the helmet themselves without an ALSS/PR tech involved.

1703178076141.png

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
While we are on the subject - AF is about to deploy the next gen fixed-wing helmet - an amazing piece of gear from Lift. Integrated noise cancelling, smartphone app to allow individual pilots/NFO to fit the helmet themselves without an ALSS/PR tech involved.

Brilliant! Which probably means you won't actually be able to fit your helmet without the PR shop and IT working together, plus a call to the NMCI help desk.

:D

I kid... kind of.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

View attachment 39548

Typical AF O-5. "Hey Snack-O, can you take a break real quick and do this photoshoot for us? The Colonel wants some pics"