• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleetweek San Fran 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Good prep for WESTPAC... or vice versa. As my old flight doc used to say "Remember boys, adams apples can be shaved down no problem and it's easier to make a hole then a pole."

The truth lies in the ring finger. In males (or former males) the ring finger is longer than the index finger. In females, the index finger is longer.

I'm not sure that this is 100%, though, so don't fire back at me if you find out differently the hard way.

I once told my troops before a port call in KL, "This place is the sex change capital of the world. If all of you go out and get a hooker while we are here, at least one of you will have nailed a dude. You don't want to be that guy." I couldn't tell you if my message worked or not, but we handed out a hell of a lot of rubbers at the watch desk when guys were signing out, so I'm thinking it didn't.

CAMike

None
Contributor
The truth lies in the ring finger. In males (or former males) the ring finger is longer than the index finger. In females, the index finger is longer.

I'm not sure that this is 100%, though, so don't fire back at me if you find out differently the hard way.

I once told my troops before a port call in KL, "This place is the sex change capital of the world. If all of you go out and get a hooker while we are here, at least one of you will have nailed a dude. You don't want to be that guy." I couldn't tell you if my message worked or not, but we handed out a hell of a lot of rubbers at the watch desk when guys were signing out, so I'm thinking it didn't.

Maybe not so effective- but your collateral duty was honorable and should have made for a nice fitrep bullet.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

From sample polling within the squadron- its not 100% but its a pretty decent indicator (there were some females with a longer index finger). That rule combined with "if it's over 5ft its a dude" and "never go for any girl hotter then a 6 because people don't get surgery to look average" served people well during deployment.

When it doubt, move on to another girl...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....The Buena Vista Cafe
Usually packed during Fleet Week, but a great 1st start. A short walk uphill from the Embarcadero....
Oh, God ... Buena Vista ... I love it.

buenavistay.jpg
buenavistairish.jpg

'da Buena Vista ... look no further. One of our former FAVORITE airline hang-outs, it was even 'better' when you could struggle to grip the bar and toss down 500-600 Irish coffees WHILE ENJOYING A GREAT CIGAR ... before dragging your ass back up the hill that IS Hyde St while trying your best (*pant*gasp*) to keep up w/ the perfect vision that IS the backside of Trophy Wife
® to have an EXCELLENT-te dinner @ I Fratelli (sorry -- da' best, but I heard it closed a couple years back) ... *sigh* ... those SFO days are unfortunately G-O-N-E ...

If you're 'brave' ... you might try the Hangar One get together (ol' NAS Alameda) ... it's in Hangar ONE at the ol' NAS, coincidentally ... I wonder if that's why it's called 'Hangar One Cocktail Cookout on the Island' ???

base.jpg
cookout.jpg

They are sponsoring a function on September 26th from 2-6pm -- 'Fatted Calf' will be grilling pulled pork sandwiches and East Bay bartenders will be slingin' cocktails ... just sayin' ...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
We pulled into San Fran on the Connie back in the late 90's. The Bull Ensign was responsible for being the Admin Queen for this port. She made hotel reservations in the Tenderloin Section of San Fran which we later found out was right in the middle of the Shore Patrol off-limits section.
Across the street from out Admin was a 'Club' where Janette Littledove was doing a live sex show!

We had a JOPA meeting at this establishment because they apparently had a really good buffet.....

Worst part was taking the bus to Fisherman's Wharf. The Bus Driver had the wrong sign on his bus so while we thought we were going to Fisherman's Wharf, he was really heading for City Collage in Oakland. By the time we realized we were on the wrong bus, we were in some pretty scary neighborhoods!!

Otherwise San Fran was a great port call!!! I would recommend going to Ghirardelli square and getting a hot fudge sundae (after visiting the live sex show of course...)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
SF is a great city, just gets a bad rep in the press. If you're bored there, that's your own fault.

Oh, and get a BART unlimited card to get around if you're leaving the immediate area where the boat will be.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
My Vance classmate's family owns Fior D'Italia (Beach and Mason) which is billed as the "oldest italian restaurant in the US." GREAT food, if a little pricey. Call ahead and see if Bob Larive (pronounced Larvey) will be there when you go because he always takes care of military and hooks up a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.