• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleetweek San Fran 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pags

N/A
pilot
There's actually a lot of single women in San Fran in the aforementioned bars. It's an awesome town once you ignore its politics.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's actually a lot of single women in San Fran in the aforementioned bars. It's an awesome town once you ignore its politics.
So true. Great to visit; glad I don't live there.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
VERY cool city. Very distinct districts and areas. I love just walking around and checking out the different sights. Tons of stuff to do. Tons of different types, from business crowd, to punk rockers. Bars and clubs, live music, food and drink. I usually stay in Fisherman's Wharf area.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too many great restaurants, bars, sights to mention. Just do it.

The Embarcadero is 'touristy' but still worth it.

Here are a couple of recs':

The Buena Vista Cafe
Usually packed during Fleet Week, but a great 1st start. A short walk uphill from the Embarcadero.

Just For You Cafe
Eclectic, friendly place with great food, and ultra cheap for SFO. But go for breakfast as it's rated one of the best in SFO for breakfast. In the "Dogpatch."

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Queue the gay jokes...

That works to your advantage. Hear me out: I had a fraternity brother that moved to San Fran right after college and was a little worried about the sterotypes, etc. But after being there for a while he realized that the queers were actually helping him hook up with women. Assume that there is a 1/1 female to male ratio in the city. Now, make at least 50% of the males gay and taken out of the market. That leaves at least a 2/1 female to male ratio. The women are begging for straight guys.

I never went to the San Fran Fleet Week, but I did go to Fleet Week in New York in 2003. I can honestly say it was one of the best trips of my life. We were treated like gods there. Wear the Whites as often as you can. Find a same day dry cleaners near your hotel because they will get trashed along with your shoes so bring a shine kit. Bring several sets of wings to give out as party favors to whatever lady you choose that evening and cut in line at every club you go to. Actually, don't wait in any lines. Just go straight to the bouncer, he should just let you in.

But, just to be sure, watch yer cornhole, bud.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Assume that there is a 1/1 female to male ratio in the city. Now, make at least 50% of the males gay and taken out of the market. That leaves at least a 2/1 female to male ratio. The women are begging for straight guys.

This assumes that the ratio of gay males to lesbian females is not 1:1.......?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Somehow I just got reminded of my buddy's story of visiting Provincetown, MA. For those who don't know, Provincetown is out on Cape Cod and straights are actually in the monority there.

So, anyway, my buddy was on the Academy sailing team and they pulled into Provincetown. Why, who knows. Liberty for the midshipmen in their summer whites. As they are walking through town, they passed a restaurent with tables outside. That's when he heard the following:

"Look boys, my favorite. Seafood."

End of that liberty port.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
^ As long as you know how to tell the difference......

Good prep for WESTPAC... or vice versa. As my old flight doc used to say "Remember boys, adams apples can be shaved down no problem and it's easier to make a hole then a pole."

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Good prep for WESTPAC... or vice versa. As my old flight doc used to say "Remember boys, adams apples can be shaved down no problem and it's easier to make a hole then a pole."

If you do get far enough along with he/she/it, here's how you tell:

a "man-made" (surgically made?) vag does not produce its own lubrication.

So, now you know.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you do get far enough along with he/she/it, here's how you tell:

a "man-made" (surgically made?) vag does not produce its own lubrication.

So, now you know.

You know, I was going to ask, but forget it.... ugh....

Status
Not open for further replies.