• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FLASHlights

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I have 2 G-2 Surefires and absolutely love them. It's one of the cheaper ones ($35 or so) but is brighter than any mag-light I've owned. One stays in my flight suit and has proved to be "straight money".

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Surefire...love 'em and use 'em.

They offer a discount if you tell them you are military or retired when ordering. I think it is 25% off.

Cheers,
G

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Surefire...love 'em and use 'em.

They offer a discount if you tell them you are military or retired when ordering. I think it is 25% off.

Cheers,
G

Damn it! I wish I would have known that about 3 months ago! :D

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
I got a P6 the other day. Price was right, S-4 folks gave it to me. Guess that is a benefit of being in Iraq.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got a P6 the other day. Price was right, S-4 folks gave it to me. Guess that is a benefit of being in Iraq.

Meat, my brother! What have you been up to? I understand SECDEF was out your way recently. PM me with unclass details of what's going on over there if you can.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...and/or make an IA thread for the rest of us. Brett "One-way" 327. ;)

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
For those interested in the IA:

- I am management. I work at the Brigade level. PowerPoint and email.
- Food is great.
- It is hotter than Hades.
- I am with the Marines and that is the best part. They really take care of you.
- For me, this is basically staff duty except you work every day and have to wear body armor to and from your can (housing).

I'll think of more stuff and post a thread.

Later,
Meat

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I have 2 G-2 Surefires and absolutely love them. It's one of the cheaper ones ($35 or so) but is brighter than any mag-light I've owned. One stays in my flight suit and has proved to be "straight money".

I bought myself an A2 (NVD compatible), brought it with me over here, and haven't used it once. When I fly, the L-neck flashlight in my vest is plenty bright, and I have a finger light or two in my nav bag. There's no easy place to stash the Surefire with all the other crap overloaded into the vests. I carry two light sources in my flightsuit itself, a Black Diamond Ion headlamp (more on that below), and a compact red and white light LED flashlight that I got for $30. It's nice because if I ever needed it, I could use the red light without ruining my night vision. While I could put the Surefire in a pocket, I don't really need 3 light sources, nor would I need a green light walking around on the ground.

The Ion headlamp is the real gouge. Walking around over here at night is *pitch* black, especially in low light level conditions. The headlamp is tiny, it fits nicely into your pocket during the day, is way bright, lasts a long time, and keeps your hands free. It also dangles around your neck so you don't have to fish it out every time you walk outside - in fact, I'm wearing it now! Recommended for anyone and everyone heading this way.

(BTW - it's hot, but not *that* hot; calling it Yuma-like is fair. Very dry, though, and dusty as all get out. The chow is really good, though.)