• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FLASHlights

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maybe not a firearm .... but it goes nicely with them and might be considered a "must have" . Received two of these today --- REALLY nice.

I'm impressed with the overall quality and small, compact size. Perfect for bedside, pocket, purse, belly bag, flight suit pocket, etc., etc. .... good tactical light for any occasion when you don't want/need a "duty" flash.... :) I ordered directly from SureFire @ $110/each, but you might find better prices elsewhere.

header_top.jpg

E2D Executive Defender®

models_E2d_1.jpg
e2d_full.jpg
e2d_full2.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard nothing but good things from Surefire. I want one myself. The only pistol I have with a rail is my G23, however my P226 is my primary go-to, so I'd need a handheld. The Surefires look nice and I've heard very blinding (tactically advantageous) :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think Schnugg is the resident spokesperson for Surefire. He always seems to plug them when he gets the chance.

And Fly, that link in your sig...that scene always makes me laugh, and yet, feel "unpleasant" at the same time.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think Schnugg is the resident spokesperson for Surefire. He always seems to plug them when he gets the chance.

And Fly, that link in your sig...that scene always makes me laugh, and yet, feel "unpleasant" at the same time.

:D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Awesome flashlights. These are what we used for our VBSS guys as well as the ship's self defense force while inport

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've got a Surefire Aviator (with the NVD-compliant LEDs) that is both indispensible and extremely well made. I've been thinking of upgrading both my 870 and my XD with some Surefire accessories. I've heard from many people that the shotgun foregrip (specifically the 9V model) is outstanding, and I've heard much the same about the X200 pistol light. Currently I have an Insight XML light on my XD (when it's not being carried), and while I like the fact that it's reasonably bright for it's compact size, it doesn't seem like it would stand up to any kind of serious abuse. Anyone have experience with the pistol lights from Surefire?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I need for my 870 is a side-saddle for extra shells. Found a good price on Brownells (pays to have a 03 FFL...)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What I need for my 870 is a side-saddle for extra shells. ...

tacstar.jpg

You might want to reconsider --- or try it and then decide --- as they don't cost too much. I used to use them --- a few shotgun training sessions firing a lot of shells in tactical situations showed some of the weaknesses of the sidesaddle arrangement --- i.e., you might jam it into your cheek (I did) on rapid fire drills when the shotgun is kicking hard and you are striving even harder to maintain control and aimed fire.

I'm talking about tucking it in close and tight and using the front and rear sights, of course. The side-saddle depicted above would not be a problem as you're not going to "tuck" it into your shoulder/cheek ...

Another solution to "more shells" might be a simple magazine extension or a 4-shell speed-feed stock. Here's a Speed-feed stock depicted on a Mossberg ... they work.

9shot.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The side saddles I was looking at was the 4-shell saddle attached to the receiver. How do you feel about those?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The side saddles I was looking at was the 4-shell saddle attached to the receiver. How do you feel about those?
Those were the ones I was talking about --- I've used the 6-shell model with less than satisfactory results. Perhaps the 4-shell model would be better as it's "shorter". Again --- rapid, aimed fire was the problem with jamming it into your cheek. The one depicted on the "shorty" shotgun (above) would not be a problem as it is more of a "point and shoot" weapon than a sighted one ...

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Exactly the flashlight I carry now. Picked it up in Kadena for $73. Just so happens that the really expensive batteries that it takes are also used in a piece of gear our Navs carry. So you just have to either know a Nav well or beat one up (my usual option) to get those batteries for free.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
a2lg.jpg

I picked up an A2 Aviator about 3 months ago...pricey, but worth the money IMO.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Those were the ones I was talking about --- I've used the 6-shell model with less than satisfactory results. Perhaps the 4-shell model would be better as it's "shorter". Again --- rapid, aimed fire was the problem with jamming it into your cheek. The one depicted on the "shorty" shotgun (above) would not be a problem as it is more of a "point and shoot" weapon than a sighted one ...

Got the 6 shell side saddle and the speed feed stock on my 590. Never had a problem shooting. Did have a problem w/ the small screws working their way out. Fixed with lock-tight.