• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FITREP Code Words

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Fair enough for those of you who will be writing O evals anytime soon. For those of us who will sign off E evals in the semi-near future, is there any good guidance? Or is the verbage similar? Have never really seen either in detail....

Rule #1: Ruthlessly manage your reporting senior average. Once you start writing evaluations, it's tracked for the rest of your career by BUPERS. Don't be all over the map with your grading.

Rule #2: Cuffs and collars need to match--meaning that the promotion recommendation, narrative comments, and performance mark average should track together.

Rule #3: Have a plan for how to manage the evaluation process for your Sailors. It's perfectly fine for a good Sailor to start off with a P or MP evaluation as long as you know you'll have the time and available slots to progress them from left to right on the form--P to EP. The Chief's board expects that.

Rule #4: Do the numerical breakout on all your EP's and the top 3 or 4 MP's in the narrative section. It's another way to show progression in performance and it's expected by the Chief's board.

Rule #5: Get your CMC to put in a chit to be a member of the Chief's board. Great gouge abounds from that experience.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Sat on a board and the member are not allowed to discuss what occurred during that board. We can discuss our thoughts on what made a good FitRep/Eval and what didn't.
So if you can talk to someone who sat on a board, they can probably give you some gouge, just don't ask them what happened during the board they sat.

On a side note, I almost got; "Don't wait, name an aircraft carrier after him now" by the CO.
The Skipper said he was happy with the inputs he recieved and wouldn't be changing any of them. The XO then spoke up and said, "Sir, did you read Lumpy's input completely???"

MasterBates

COC FITREPs are coming up.. Due to my situation, I'm pretty much thinking of doing a British Style FITREP. Anyone have ideas beyond what has been posted here?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Toughest time I ever had writing evals was as First Lt on a frigate. 12 E-3 and belows in 1st Div, maybe 3 genuinely good and 3 shitbirds - those were easy to write. Struggling to wordsmith, "shows up on time, chips and paints and keeps his mouth shut" for the other six was a challenge. There are only so many synonyms for vanilla.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot

New fun with FITREPS:
RMKS/1. EFFECTIVE 31 JANUARY 2012, THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE APPLICABLE FOR ALL ACTIVE/FTS/INACT O3 PERSONNEL AND WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE NEXT REVISION TO REF A:
A. O3 - (FITREP BLK 42):
(1) UP TO 20 PERCENT OF A SUMMARY GROUP "EARLY PROMOTE" PERMITTED.
(2) NO MORE THAN 60 PERCENT OF A SUMMARY GROUP AS "EARLY PROMOTE" AND "MUST PROMOTE" COMBINED.

Hope you like regressing in the next cycle.

MasterBates

While it does not take effect until periodic LT FITREPs... I have a feeling I may regress from a MP to a P this cycle, as we try to "get ahead of the curve"..

MasterBates

Is it better to hear the pain train whistle coming with it's higher pitch due to Doppler shift, or to remain ignorant until it hits you?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It probably doesn't help if you decide to play on the train tracks everyday, either.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's the beauty of NavAirRes... you can be to the pain train as those folks out in Cali who moon Amtrak every year.

MasterBates

LT XXXXX is a large presence in my command. He is a fixture in my ready room.

- OUTSTANDING LEADER AND MANAGER. Led squadron through TWO Maintenance Program Assists, the first of which was outstanding and the second being the best MPA since 2005 in all of COMACCLOGWING. So of course, he got an MP below COs average for his troubles.
- TACTICALLY RELEVANT. Completed his qualifications for Carrier Aircraft Plane Commander in record time, and achieved in qualification in normal time, only three months longer than his non previous aircraft commander peers. Has now "Seen Enough".
- HIGHLY EFFICIENT. Would have submitted this report written as "Submitted for Continuity Purposes Only" but was forced to write an actual FITREP contrary to AIRSPEED Lean Six Sigma practices.
- NAVY STRONG. Able to lift ungodly weights, making himself invaluable during the hangar move. PRs: Squat-405, Deadlift-495, Bench-315.

This Officer is not a has-been, but more of a won't-be due to year group shuffles coupled with poor career timing and reduced promotion opportunity. He is again being used to manage my average on his final LT FITREP. Marks not commensurate with performance.

HAS MY STRONGEST POSSIBLE RECCOMENDATION FOR IMMEDIATE TRANSFER TO THE IRR.

KBayDog

Get the hell out...

And to think, I was going to ask you if you did that by memory, or with some help from CTRL-C.