• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I keep a 150 cockpit poster in my room, you know to prac. procedures like start up. master on, mixture rich, clear prop, turn key... the rag is fittin ta ba eazay

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I keep a 150 cockpit poster in my room, you know to prac. procedures like start up. master on, mixture rich, clear prop, turn key... the rag is fittin ta ba eazay

Uh, yeah, cause a 150 is super complex...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've been twice and had a blast both times. The sim is sick and the sonobuoy pens are awesome. I've got the poster hanging up in my apartment.

Flew it when they brought it to Corpus back when I was in primary. Pretty cool, though I overshot the runway @ NASNI like a big dawg, and had to take it around, flying under the Coronado bridge of course. I seem to remember one infamous VT-27 IP (former P-3 guy) having a hard time landing it as well, so I didn't feel so bad. Flies like a f**king Mack truck

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Same thing can be said for all of the MH-60S sims...even the experienced pilots have a hard time landing it. No "seat of the ass" or visual cues to the side, which is a big deal in helos.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Flew it when they brought it to Corpus back when I was in primary. Pretty cool, though I overshot the runway @ NASNI like a big dawg, and had to take it around, flying under the Coronado bridge of course. I seem to remember one infamous VT-27 IP (former P-3 guy) having a hard time landing it as well, so I didn't feel so bad. Flies like a f**king Mack truck

It felt downright nimble to me, but my frame of reference is a little bit different. The damn thing's too slick for a prop puke, I couldn't just rip it to flight idle and watch the airspeed fall off...took a few passes to get used to.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The B737 is a sweet machine ... it's easy to fly.

I got typed in it during a driving snowstorm @ night @ Moses Lake, WA ... zero time in the left seat of the bird prior to the check-ride ... it's a pilot's airplane.

If you get the chance to fly it -- ESPECIALLY compliments of UNCLE -- go for it w/ gusto and thank your lucky stars.

The B737 = it is so choice. I highly recommend picking one up if you have the means ...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I got typed in it during a driving snowstorm @ night @ Moses Lake, WA ... zero time in the left seat of the bird prior to the check-ride ... it's a pilot's airplane.

Did you have to walk uphill both ways to get to the FBO? :)