• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

Renegade One

None
The C-40 Clipper is a military version of the Boeing 737-700C airline transport...flown by the Navy VR squadrons...

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
There were a few other unique craft that either got cancelled or there's only one of them that have been relatively recent. There was the KC-767, which was Boeing's entry to replace the KC-135 until its cancellation in 2003. Also, there's the YAL-1, which made its first flight in 2002. It isn't really a full production craft, more like a weird pet project of the Air Force. It's basically an anti-ballistic-missile laser mounted on a 747, actually kinda cool if you ask me.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
It kinda makes sense, as Boeing's core specialty has been larger aircraft - bombers, transports, and the like. They only grew their defense portfolio by gobbling up McD-D, Rockwell/NAA, etc

In the Nova special for the JSF, they talked a lot about the X-32 being designed by a core group of McD-D guys augmented by some Boeing folks. Maybe that explains why the last pure McD-D fighter creation (F-18) is so pretty and the X-32 looks like a fat whale?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They came down to Nav school when I was there and did a real sales pitch to come joing them in OK City, the aircraft remain the nicest/cleanest/newest Navy aircraft I have seen in person. I was tempted, for about 2 seconds, then qucikly came back to my senses :D.

OK City isn't bad. It's only 4 hours from Dallas.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The wheels of progress. Now we have two prima donna aircraft programs on base. Hope they both fair better then the presidential helo program did.

http://www.navair.navy.mil/press_releases/index.cfm?fuseaction=press_release_view&press_release_id=4302&site_id=19

There's more than two ACAT 1C/D programs on base, but whether they are Bells of the Ball remains to be seen...

P_8_and_P_3_over_Pax_River_thumbnai.jpg

OscarMyers

None
Im sorry i forgot about the hijinks going on in your seaside hanger. Couple of guys came across my qdeck a month ago and hinted about the project but they said they couldnt say much about it. hmmm. If i knew half the crazy developmental stuff going on onboard NAS Pax......

altuc

P-8 Poseidon

So I've read this new P-8 will be in the fleet by 2013/14. Does anyone know how different this will be from the P-3? Any of you P-3s know any of the upgrades/changes?