• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Firearm parts and pieces.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
There's a "Single Stack 1911" division now - so you don't have to go up against all these folks with low recoil, optical sighted, double stack 1911 race guns. 230 Grain hardball only and 7 or 8 round mags... Proving to be very popular!

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Both my carry pistols (a Kimber Warrior and a Kimber Stainless Series I) have S & A straight mainspring housing/magwells on them. It DOES tend to make the butt stick out a bit more than one would like, but frankly, even if most people see a bulge under your shirt, they are either not aware of what it could be, or don't notice anyway. I don't have a real *problem* carrying it, but I agree with A4s that there are better options...for example, the rounded mainspring he posted a picture of, or a bobtail mainspring housing...Ed Brown makes them and uses them on some of his carry pistols, and they can be bought separately, without a magwell (for even more concealability).

execarry.jpg

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I know, I know - just givin' you a hard time. We can't let you as the most senior Yankee Air Pirate on here get away without a friendly razzin now and again...

That's my Kimber II by the way...love the thing. How I went so long shooting Glocks and Sigs I will never know. I've had more fun and learned to be a far better shot since I switched to the 1911...

Would that be a Custom II? I have the original Custom and it is by far one of my favorite firearms.

metro

So glad that Kimber wised up and went back to internal extractors on the Series II. Now if only they would get rid of that firing pin block safety. Oh wait, then it would be right back to what they originally made! That wouldn't make sense, since the way of life in the firearm world seems to be "If it ain't broke, break it." :D

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
... thread jack.....
The Big Reno Gun Show is this weekend. Anyone else going? All this gun talk has got me thinking....it is time for another one. Or two. ...

Thanks Doc. Right proud of the piece, given that the factory, after through inspection, said they could not fix it. Hrmmmmppphh.

Reno Gun show. I understand CMP will be there and will have for sale a number of M1 Garand rifles. Should include GK Field Grades, GK Rack Grades, GK HRA Correct grades, and some Danish Rack (Less Wood). Also some M1903 rifles. Some other "stuff" as well. I have heard some of the Danish returns are like new, possibly never used. They are packed in heavy coverings of cosmoline.

I also heard from a usually unreliable source they will bring some M1 Carbine receivers for sale. If they do, buy one for me! I kneed one! I know that CMP has about 500,000 carbines in storage but for ""Political reasons - big P -" they will not sell them. :icon_rage

Thought the Reno show was on 11-13th August?

metro

Besides, Vette, even the most "MSRP-y" of prices for an XD45 at 95% of gun shops should still be reasonable...the $450-475 price range, at least from what I've seen.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are correct. I guess the XD45 is just toooo popular right now. I found one online for 460 though.

Anyone know of a reliable and inexpensive FFL in PCola area?

Not just popularity... those gun shows were just terrible.

Bay Pawn & Gold I believe the name of it was... the guy was professional and I believe charged only $20 per transfer.