• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Firearm parts and pieces.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
They look like Wilson's to me, as they have that little bit that doesn't contact the slide...which is it, Chief?Nice looking piece, by the way. Like the reverse two-tone. :D

Two-tone was an after-thought.

Rear sight: Novak lo-mount - carry - White Dot. $36.99 from Midway.

Front: MMC Low mount, no snag, 0.158 (I think), white Dot. Gratis from friends dust bin.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
You need a little front strap checkering and Gunner Grips and you'd be all set! Oh and a light too!

kimber_cqb.jpg

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I wish the Warrior came with front-strap checkering. It's the only thing I don't like about mine. Eh, I didn't care for the grips, either. Replaced them with Pachmayr wraparounds for the time being...after checkering the frontstrap, gonna throw some Hogue thin grips on it. Thinking about getting the checkering done soon, after OCS, as a "graduation gift" to myself. :D

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I wish the Warrior came with front-strap checkering. ...

My next build will have front-strap checkering. The bug has bitten. Planning on building a true left-handed 1911 .45 ACP. Stainless, buffed to a low satin sheen. Right hand twist barrel, 16:1. Slide stop release on right, mag release on right and of course right thumb safety, none of the ambi stuff:eek: Slide to be flat-top, serrated, adjustable lo-mount sights. And of course shell casing ejection to the left.

Chuck, fine looking Kimber!:icon_smil

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My next build will have front-strap checkering.
Wow ... front strap checkering. That's kind of like the firearms equivalent of painting the Sistine Chapel.

I think I may have you build me a 1911 when you get bored with your other pursuits, Chief. :)

rome-vatican-sistine-chapel.jpg
=
small_close_up.JPG

ChuckMK23

pilot
I happen to like the Wilson Combat front-strap wrap around drop ins... for 10 bucks you can't go wrong!

100frontstrap.jpg

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
You know, I've tried both that checkering thing, and their "Speed Chute" magazine well (the one that attaches and is held in place by the mainspring housing retaining pin), and I've found that they both just kind of make my pistol feel loose, noisy, etc etc...

I got rid of the Speed Chute and bought a Smith and Alexander magwell...one piece magwell/mainspring housing. Much more secure and aesthetically pleasing.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You know, I've tried both that checkering thing, and their "Speed Chute" magazine well (the one that attaches and is held in place by the mainspring housing retaining pin), and I've found that they both just kind of make my pistol feel loose, noisy, etc etc... bought a Smith and Alexander magwell... Much more secure and aesthetically pleasing.
Ditto ... I've tried the add-on checkering straps and threw them away --- they don't fit very well, they move (about the last thing you want) on the gripstrap, and they look "cheap". 'Cause the ARE cheap.

On the other hand, S/A is a very good product. Secure on the pistol. You get what you pay for ....

ChuckMK23

pilot
Not a fan of the rounded mainspring housing A4s :)

God intended for the 1911 to have a straight mainspring housing :) :)

ChuckKimberII.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Not a fan of the rounded mainspring housing A4s :)God intended for the 1911 to have a straight mainspring housing :) :)
ACTUALLY .... the one I have at present IS a flat housing. The only pix I could find quickly was a 1911A1-type pix.

ChuckMK23

pilot
I know, I know - just givin' you a hard time. We can't let you as the most senior Yankee Air Pirate on here get away without a friendly razzin now and again...

That's my Kimber II by the way...love the thing. How I went so long shooting Glocks and Sigs I will never know. I've had more fun and learned to be a far better shot since I switched to the 1911...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
How's that S/A mainspring housing/magwell do w/ concealed carry?

I'd really like one for my MC Operator, but concerned about how it'd conceal. Even thought about taking off the Hogue grips and putting the original Pachmayr wrap arounds back on.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
How's that S/A mainspring housing/magwell do w/ concealed carry....

It depends ... on your size, stature, method of carry, clothing, all the usual suspects. They're not what I would choose for concealed carry. A fast reload is probably not high on the list of "must do's" in a firearms event involving concealed carry. I got my S/A for competition. Faster reloads.

They tend to add a little more to the grip butt than you might want because of the material in/on the magwell. It doesn't take much additional profile to render a concealable pistol less than satisfactory.

Probably not a good concealed carry addition ... I'd say NO, if you want a "yes" or "no".