• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

CAJ0520

Not quite sure how they are issuing FINSEL for people accepted in July, if they haven't finished people in May. Especially for non age critical folks

I believe you mean "Person accepted in July (June actually)" I am the only one from my board to have a FINSEL and its for the Sept 21 class. I was projected for January but my OR called me last week and asked how soon I could ship, I said asap, 30 minutes later he had my Finsel for Sept 21. Considering the class was already filled I assume someone originally in the class either dropped, or was injured/sick and needs time to heal. Not sure how I got the slot but it could be because I live an hour away so the short notice is not an issue, or because I was a dual process and my Bootcamp date was fast approaching so they needed to get me discharged from DEP, but couldn't do that until I had a finsel. Or my recruiter was just becoming super annoying to them with his constant harassment for my Finsel. :p

otejay

Hello everyone! New member checking into purgatory. After my latest conversation with my recruiter I thought it appropriate to find myself a part-time job. From what I read, I'll be in here a while.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
BLUF: The GENOFF applicants who are waiting for Final Select Letters are in the queue to receive OCS dates.

Each program has its "primary" school during different times of the year. The specific PM is allotted slots to coincide as close as possible to have the selectee attend OCS and the follow on school without too much "stash time" to class up. Rest assured these selectees have their slots with the US Navy, but their OCS date will be sometime in the future.

Be advised that the usual notice for selectees is 60 days to report to OCS. However, based on need, they may be provided only 2 weeks notice as they did in the beginning of fiscal year 2014 (I had one applicant received his PROREC and FINSEL within 10 days). Be advised that you guys may need to jump as soon as the whistle blows and to be prepared for short fused notice.

Jules_W

He would have heard back sooner than most of us because he is prior service (I think)

Guess I can't tell myself this to make myself feel better anymore :oops:

BLUF: The GENOFF applicants who are waiting for Final Select Letters are in the queue to receive OCS dates.

Each program has its "primary" school during different times of the year. The specific PM is allotted slots to coincide as close as possible to have the selectee attend OCS and the follow on school without too much "stash time" to class up. Rest assured these selectees have their slots with the US Navy, but their OCS date will be sometime in the future.

Be advised that the usual notice for selectees is 60 days to report to OCS. However, based on need, they may be provided only 2 weeks notice as they did in the beginning of fiscal year 2014 (I had one applicant received his PROREC and FINSEL within 10 days). Be advised that you guys may need to jump as soon as the whistle blows and to be prepared for short fused notice.

Thank you for this information, sir. This means things are more structured than I'd thought. Sorry for the bad gouge!

jakejake527

pro y on July 1st for supply. still waiting for finsel. no word for "penciled in dates" yet from recruiter.

turning 29 on may 27th 2015. not sure if that's considered age critical

still waiting.....