• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

VoodooNova

None
My recruiter has said that there is a meeting of some kind this monday about OCS dates, with a FINSEL a week or two after it. Tentatively, he says I will be in the November 2 class, but could just as easily be in the October 12 class. I'll take this as progress!

Jules_W

My recruiter has said that there is a meeting of some kind this monday about OCS dates, with a FINSEL a week or two after it. Tentatively, he says I will be in the November 2 class, but could just as easily be in the October 12 class. I'll take this as progress!

:eek: PRAISE [insert deity]. Does this apply to other people? I'm assuming it does!! (because that makes me feel better)

VoodooNova

None
:eek: PRAISE [insert deity]. Does this apply to other people? I'm assuming it does!! (because that makes me feel better)

I honestly have no clue. He just said he made a phone call and they said my name was on a stack for this Monday. I'm not sure if that's his way of saying "they are still deciding" in a way that sounds like progress (which it does) or if that's how they do it.

AE2ENSIGN

Congratulations!

Congrats! I'm still on the "I'll let you know when there are updates" phase.

BTW, does anyone know how long it takes for them to start a background check after they receive all of the necessary documents?

Jules_W

Congrats! I'm still on the "I'll let you know when there are updates" phase.

BTW, does anyone know how long it takes for them to start a background check after they receive all of the necessary documents?

My background check took about 3 months. No snags and nothing bad in my past.

CAJ0520

On a completely unrelated note, I had a revelation that quite possibly I may not be able to grow any facial hair for 20+ years from the day I leave for OCS. So I decided to grow the scraggly-est, hobo-est, beard I can manage before I report, to kill off any further desires for facial hair. Girlfriend is not thrilled if I'm being honest...

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
On a completely unrelated note, I had a revelation that quite possibly I may not be able to grow any facial hair for 20+ years from the day I leave for OCS. So I decided to grow the scraggly-est, hobo-est, beard I can manage before I report, to kill off any further desires for facial hair. Girlfriend is not thrilled if I'm being honest...

At least you can grow a long luscious mane. With my genes, I am lucky to grow an even mustache. Then again, that's one less thing to sorrow about once I am officially in the Navy. :)

James_1987

I was able to grow some facial hair intermittently while in leave or during a 4 day weekend while active duty. I guess depends on how fast you can grow it. After a week though it's unbearable for me. Just starts itching. I'm walking around like a dog scratching face with my leg twitching.

torpedotor

Checking in to purgatory. :/ Pro Rec Y in mid-June but just made an account for the forum. Whoever first said "no news is good news" never applied for Navy OCS.

Also, quick question, I asked my OR about CIRIMS and if it was possible that I may have been "penciled in" for a date as some others have said on the boards, but he said I won't hear anything until I get my FinSel letter. This is his first "batch" of O recruits, so maybe he just doesn't know about that? I don't know. What do you all think?

Jules_W

Checking in to purgatory. :/ Pro Rec Y in mid-June but just made an account for the forum. Whoever first said "no news is good news" never applied for Navy OCS.

Also, quick question, I asked my OR about CIRIMS and if it was possible that I may have been "penciled in" for a date as some others have said on the boards, but he said I won't hear anything until I get my FinSel letter. This is his first "batch" of O recruits, so maybe he just doesn't know about that? I don't know. What do you all think?

Agreed.

Also, I'm not sure about that (i know maybe I shouldn't have responded) because there are a few of us on here who have just been asking our ORs for penciled in dates and they can't seem to help us either.