• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

torpedotor

The 05 July class has a graduation date of 25 September; you will just barely make that cutoff. I don't know if CANTRAC has the dates for FY16 posted yet.
So is the July 5th class the last FY15 class? And then July 26th would be the first FY16 class (assuming the classes continue to start every three weeks, and I don't see why they wouldn't)?

jmeff

So is the July 5th class the last FY15 class? And then July 26th would be the first FY16 class (assuming the classes continue to start every three weeks, and I don't see why they wouldn't)?

I would assume so. The regular classes are 83 days long. Holiday classes are 97.

exNavyOffRec

That's entirely possible. From the way he put it, I should graduate prior to the start of the next fiscal year. I know the classes are three months, but I don't have a preference on being either FY15 or FY16. I was also told that, depending on the need for spots in that class, I may get pushed to the August class anyway (just more time to spend with the new baby).
I'll be keeping everyone in here company in the meantime!

Just prior means you are an FY 15, I remembered after I posted that the first week of July is able to be the same FY.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I received a pro rec Y back in May for Pilot. Here is my question, I don't graduate till this May so I'm going to assume that I won't receive a final select letter till after I've graduated, but what are the chances that the Navy will retract the offer? Anyone else here pro rec Y waiting to graduate or went through the same process (Pro Rec Y before graduation)? I'm just a little worried about job security, and if there is a decent chance that I wont get it I'd like to apply for different careers as well. You know, a contingency plan in the event that I'm not selected.

Facepalm

Swoop90

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I received a pro rec Y back in May for Pilot. Here is my question, I don't graduate till this May so I'm going to assume that I won't receive a final select letter till after I've graduated, but what are the chances that the Navy will retract the offer? Anyone else here pro rec Y waiting to graduate or went through the same process (Pro Rec Y before graduation)? I'm just a little worried about job security, and if there is a decent chance that I wont get it I'd like to apply for different careers as well. You know, a contingency plan in the event that I'm not selected.

Facepalm
There are a lot of us SWO's in the same position. I went in to sign some paperwork for my security clearance two weeks after my pro rec Y in October. I've texted my recruiter twice since then regarding random questions that I have had, and I have not heard from him since. From what my recruiter said as long as everything checks out on my background check, I graduate in May, and I don't get caught doing anything incredibly stupid I can definately-maybe expect my FINSEL between May and October. He mentioned to keep in mind that WHEN the FINSEL shows up is up in the air but it WILL show up.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
There are a lot of us SWO's in the same position. I went in to sign some paperwork for my security clearance two weeks after my pro rec Y in October. I've texted my recruiter twice since then regarding random questions that I have had, and I have not heard from him since. From what my recruiter said as long as everything checks out on my background check, I graduate in May, and I don't get caught doing anything incredibly stupid I can definately-maybe expect my FINSEL between May and October. He mentioned to keep in mind that WHEN the FINSEL shows up is up in the air but it WILL show up.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully i'll have less stuff to worry about since my Security clearance is good till 2024 ( I'm prior service, just entered IRR).

lenninscjay

Red-headed stepchild (MH-53)
Not sure about the deal with priors & MEPS - but one thing I would semi-worry about expiring is your MEPS physical. Its only good for 2 years and it has to be current all the way through graduation at OCS (as far as I know.) Its not a big deal to redo, but if its expiring around the time you would be expecting your FINSEL it could put a short hold on it.

That's what happened to me; my FINSEL has been on hold at the PM's office pending another MEPS physical.

Again, not a big deal. But I thought it'd be good to share the info if your recruiter isn't already on top of it.

JT88

Hey mhunter, not sure for civilians but at least for active duty personnel like myself it takes about three weeks to get final selected. These are going to be the longest three weeks...........

Checking in from the February board with Pro Rec Y for SNFO. My OR said it could be a couple months before FINSEL comes in and class date might not be until July at the earliest. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

mhunter

None
Checking in from the February board with Pro Rec Y for SNFO. My OR said it could be a couple months before FINSEL comes in and class date might not be until July at the earliest. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.
Yea mine said it would be closer to the range of OCT up to a year. Not sure so I'll just focus on getting through this semester and working out! That's all we can do!

JT88

Wow I would lose my mind if I were you guys, it seems to be on average about a three month ordeal for active duty people to get sent to OCS.