• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

alafaill

I saw the thread you posted. This is an issue specific to SWOs. Long story short, the quota for SWO was reduced from 270 all the way down to 150 for this year, and no more spots are being given for SWOs at OCS until July at the earliest, according to @RUFiO181. There is a guy that posts here who was selected in July who has also not received anything. As far as I know, the only people who have been selected for SWO and also received their letters and class dates had special circumstances, such as being age critical, etc. Those of us who don't are stuck in purgatory until at least July, is the current news.

This is really just to make myself feel better here, but my acceptance came in from the last July board I think (dunno actually cause recruiter at the time was a pain and never returned my calls). So does that extended purgatory mean letters ship in July? Or class dates in July? Or do we even have an idea?

Bluecore

This is really just to make myself feel better here, but my acceptance came in from the last July board I think (dunno actually cause recruiter at the time was a pain and never returned my calls). So does that extended purgatory mean letters ship in July? Or class dates in July? Or do we even have an idea?

I asked the same question several pages back, and no one really knows. I am not sure if it's "expect to hear from someone May at the earliest and potentially in OCS by July", or if it's "expect to hear from someone no earlier than July to be classed up no earlier than September." I am living my life anticipating the latter scenario. It is said that you generally get your letter two months ahead of time, barring special/unforeseen circumstances.

alafaill

I asked the same question several pages back, and no one really knows. I am not sure if it's "expect to hear from someone May at the earliest and potentially in OCS by July", or if it's "expect to hear from someone no earlier than July to be classed up no earlier than September." I am living my life anticipating the latter scenario. It is said that you generally get your letter two months ahead of time, barring special/unforeseen circumstances.

The really unfortunate thing is that I have gotten more info out of 20 minutes on these boards than I have gotten out of my series of recruiters in 6 months. I should have done this sooner. *insert complaints about life in Fin Sel purgatory here*

torpedotor

The really unfortunate thing is that I have gotten more info out of 20 minutes on these boards than I have gotten out of my series of recruiters in 6 months. I should have done this sooner. *insert complaints about life in Fin Sel purgatory here*
This is true. But I get the idea that the recruiters are not told all that much. I began feeling bad about pestering my OR when there was no new information coming to him. He was always extremely helpful, and I think if he knew something, he'd tell me. It has been a huge, huge help to have some people on this site who are "in the know", though.

JamesDStrunk

This...is a very good point that hopefully someone "in the know" can address. I am perfectly OK with waiting, but the difference of these two is pretty big for long term planning purposes.

Bluecore

This...is a very good point that hopefully someone "in the know" can address. I am perfectly OK with waiting, but the difference of these two is pretty big for long term planning purposes.

If you don't mind, can you PM me your work outs that you used to max out your curlups and pushups? Thanks!

mvs1992

Hate to go off topic, but I see some classes made FB groups for themselves...does anyone know if there was a FB group made for the Mar 1 date?

jmeff

With the supply guys getting classed up, looks like us SWOs got the house all for ourselves! Chilling in our underwear, drinking beer, watching youtube videos about OCS that we've watched over 100 times. Fun!

I'm still here for Supply!