• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

das

Contributor
Just received Final Select letter (pro-rec was late SEP10)! Should be commissioning in the next couple of weeks...

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Just received my FS (was in the NOV 10 boards and pro-rec'd NOV 24) but I don't think I'll swear in until after the holidays. I'm glad that I haven't had some of the hang ups that I've read about on here. OCS date set for the 3 APR 2011 class. On a side note I think I am the only one on here who has received this class date so far, seeing as no one else has posted in there.

Also thanks to my recruiter and processor at NRD Montgomery; anyone in the South-east who is able to go through the Montgomery, AL recruiting station, I would highly advise dealing with them as they are great people and highly efficient at their jobs :D.

alxclnga

just received word that my FS letter is in and I'm heading to OCS 13MAR2011! Was seen at the November board and pro-rec'd Nov 24th. time to really step up the PT. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

bluemarlin04

Looks like I am joining this crowd. I need another conditional release because my old recruiter who retired gave me the wrong instructions and told me I was OK for the past three months. It wasn't until I asked the new recruiter and did some questioning that they figured out the problem. So ridiculous. I was PRO-REC in SEP and still waiting. Have a clearance, have MEPS and am prior service. Everything is good except this. Let this be a lesson to you guys starting your careers. Always look up the instructions yourself. Don't just go off of what someone says regardless of their rank. If I had done the research myself I would have my final select already. I should have known better. /End Rant

blarged

ready
just received word that my FS letter is in and I'm heading to OCS 13MAR2011! Was seen at the November board and pro-rec'd Nov 24th. time to really step up the PT. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

That should be a pretty good time to be in Newport. Not freezing cold and getting into the warmer months. I did August through October. Showed up to burning hands on asphalt while doing pushups for a few days into super nice weather into really cold and windy the last few days. I feel sorry for those that are there in the dead of winter or summer.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I was just told today that my physical was approved by Big Navy and since I already have a clearance I'm just waiting for a FS.

ker986

FS IW
Made it through MEPs this morning and signed all the paperwork to get my background investigation started, so now I'm just waiting on the Navy to approve my medical paperwork and the background check itself. My processor said I might get my FS letter by as early as mid-January, but based on what I have seen from other people on these boards I imagine it will be more like mid-February, especially with the holidays slowing things down.

kdenn

I was hoping to avoid posting on this thread, seeing as how majority of my application process went smoothly in the beginning. I was pro-rec'd SWO in Sep, my medical came back good about a month or so ago, and I signed all of the background check papers. I'm just waiting now, as patiently as possible, but I feel as though I'm one of the last pro-rec's from September waiting for their FS. But they say there's company in misery, right? :)

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I'd expect it after the stand down, around the first or second week in 2011. Mine came first week December, yours may be the in one of those last few batches of September pro recs. Good Luck!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I was hoping to avoid posting on this thread, seeing as how majority of my application process went smoothly in the beginning. I was pro-rec'd SWO in Sep, my medical came back good about a month or so ago, and I signed all of the background check papers. I'm just waiting now, as patiently as possible, but I feel as though I'm one of the last pro-rec's from September waiting for their FS. But they say there's company in misery, right? :)

I'm another one of the September Pro Recs waiting to get selected, so you're not alone. I've been dealing with MEPS and medical qualifications hell, and it's been a pain in the ass.

CountryBoy8184

Former NFO-select, now SNA
Same here. Since I was moved to Pilot, I had to practically get my security clearance re-vamped. I was selected NFO, and didn't have to worry about top secret clearance. My last interview is next week, and after that, if all goes well I SHOULD get my FS letter and my official contract.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Why does an SNA need a TS clearance?????

Is the T-6 that far an advancement in technology that you need a TS????

I was wondering this same thing. I believe all the TS information I have seen on a plane was being utilized by the NFO and not the NA.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Why does an SNA need a TS clearance?????

Is the T-6 that far an advancement in technology that you need a TS????

It's probably the standard security clearance paperwork, but because it takes so darn long for the investigation they may just be getting it started early. Whether it was S or TS the process on my end seemed the same. Some things like the location of certain CQ assets may be S or TS so the studs will need it. As for primary I have no clue.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
It's probably the standard security clearance paperwork, but because it takes so darn long for the investigation they may just be getting it started early. Whether it was S or TS the process on my end seemed the same. Some things like the location of certain CQ assets may be S or TS so the studs will need it. As for primary I have no clue.

Ah... that makes sense.