• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Braza14

Yes, I graduate in May but of 2012. Since I'm not in a "hurry" to get an OCS date, I try to get my mind off it. I just want to swear in so I can start getting much needed $$$$. I hope to hear something before the holidays.

DannyMac

Same here. It would be nice to have some good news before the holidays. By now, most of my friends and family now know that im suiting up soon but when they ask, its just too hard to explain what im waiting for and how long it might be. It be nice to have a select letter and OCS date in hand even if its not for 6 months but im still hopefull i get into a Jan/Feb/March class.

Congrats again everyone for getting this far. Its been a while since we have had any good news but dont forget that getting pro-rec'd was a huge accomplishment!

MPK

Try and contact your processor directly. Some recruiters work differently than others, I've been in touch with both my processor and my recruiter throughout the whole process and even after pro rec my recruiter is the go to guy. However, some recruiters believe that once a package is submitted, it's no longer their problem.

How do you track down your processor? I took my ASTB in October, MEPS early this month, and my OR said my packet was being reviewed this past Monday. It's been pretty quick (or so it seems) so far, and I think it's because I've been calling my OR every week and pushing the issue that I want this done quickly. I'd like to keep that momentum going.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
How do you track down your processor? I took my ASTB in October, MEPS early this month, and my OR said my packet was being reviewed this past Monday. It's been pretty quick (or so it seems) so far, and I think it's because I've been calling my OR every week and pushing the issue that I want this done quickly. I'd like to keep that momentum going.

I'm not sure exactly, I was put in touch with him during the process, and he was the one who set me up with MEPS and it was his office that gave me the "Just say no" briefing. I would start by asking your recruiter, maybe you'd be taking a load off of your recruiters back by working with the processor, idk. I think its all dependant upon your recruiter's style. Couldn't hurt to ask.

You'll probably hear about him/her sometime soon, with your packet being submitted, my direct involvement with the processor didn't come until after my pro rec. Just remember the Navy's alternate motto...'Hurry Up and Wait'

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Received word last Wednesday that I was pro recd for SNA. Hopefully my stint in FS purgatory wont be too long; my recruiter and processor got my MEPS and NASIS stuff taken care of before my package was submitted to the boards and everything looks okay there. Hopefully I won't be here for to long; I signed the last signatures and hopefully ill be able to get my FS next week :D *crosses fingers that there aren't any hang ups*

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Well I went through MEPS today. Passed with flying colors apparently. Found out good news that my current clearance doesn't expire until April next year so I don't have to worry about background stuff for my FS. My OR told me to expect a FS around Christmas/New Year time... I said, "O.K. but I will be happy if I hear something by the end of January." ;)

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Well I went through MEPS today. Passed with flying colors apparently. Found out good news that my current clearance doesn't expire until April next year so I don't have to worry about background stuff for my FS. My OR told me to expect a FS around Christmas/New Year time... I said, "O.K. but I will be happy if I hear something by the end of January." ;)

Congrats on clearing MEPS...again?...With the holidays coming up I'd imagine either you hear by the 20th or not for a while. My purgatory keeps on going, FS was "ready to be signed" in begining of OCT, and here I sit still waiting to swear in and collect some BDCP money....at this rate I'll swear in just in time to drive to Newport. Can't complain that much though, afterall, I was fortunate enough to get selected.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Congrats on clearing MEPS...again?...With the holidays coming up I'd imagine either you hear by the 20th or not for a while. My purgatory keeps on going, FS was "ready to be signed" in begining of OCT, and here I sit still waiting to swear in and collect some BDCP money....at this rate I'll swear in just in time to drive to Newport. Can't complain that much though, afterall, I was fortunate enough to get selected.

Yea I've been out long enough in which I had to go through MEPS again. It was funny there was one guy there that is currently active reserves trying for a officer position with the CG. He wasn't supposed to do the duck walk or some of the other items but was told to do them anyways. Another guy was mad because he got out of the reserves recently and was told he needed to go through MEPS again only to find out later that if he just went to his unit the day before could have just sworn back in! ;)

My thought was late January and I would be lucky to hear anything before then. Well good luck to you. I would think you would hear shortly on your selection. What is your grad date?

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
May 2011(OCS 17 JUL), so I exagerate a little on getting in just in time, I've got a few months still, but each day that goes by is killer.

alxclnga

@ that mike guy or anyone for that matter - I was notified of my pro-rec last week as well, and like you I had my MEPS and NASIS stuff done before my app was submitted. What other documents did you have to get signed recently?

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
@ that mike guy or anyone for that matter - I was notified of my pro-rec last week as well, and like you I had my MEPS and NASIS stuff done before my app was submitted. What other documents did you have to get signed recently?

I had MEPS completed and NASIS completed before my application was submitted to the September boards. After I heard from my recruiter that I was pro-rec'ed, he said there was nothing else I needed to do but wait for my final select letter. I swear in on Friday.

das

Contributor
I was pro-rec'ed for IWO (RC DIRCOM) at the IDC board at the end of September...I am patiently waiting on the Scroll, and my Final Select letter is "waiting to be signed".

Monopatin

Oh wow, I called the recruiting office today and they got my FSL yesterday. My recruiter is out of town so he won't be able to contact me until then but the recruiter I talked to is going to send me some info. My start date is August 7th. So that's a long while.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
@alx - I had to sign three papers, iirc they were release papers to that the AF (base where I did meps) could release my results to the navy.