• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Fight's On" ..... new movie

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
After the first season of "Californication", I am a HUGE David Duchovny fan! I can't wait for this movie!

agreed. showtime has stolen HBO's thunder as far as i'm concerned with the shows they've been putting out. the double whammy of weeds and californication crack me up.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The latest super jets are locked in old school dog fights when terrorists knock out their high tech systems.

Meh. I'll reserve judgement, but that plot stub doesn't sound very promising. Though Tea is very easy on the eyes, even as she enters her middle years.

B

Blutonski816

The latest super jets are locked in old school dog fights when terrorists knock out their high tech systems.

As long as there's cool footage of 1v1s I don't think there's much to worry about...

I mean what's the worst that could happen...
I mean they already made Stealth... can't get much worse than that can it?

Can it??

Rossi

As long as there's cool footage of 1v1s I don't think there's much to worry about...

I mean what's the worst that could happen...
I mean they already made Stealth... can't get much worse than that can it?

Can it??

No it can't. That movie was so bad that it was almost not worth the $9.75 to see Jessica Biel in a bikini for 45 seconds... almost.

I'm not too sure about the director, all though he does have a fairly extensive filmography. The writer (David M. Kennedy) on the other hand, does not.

While looking for info on said writer, I discovered that there is another David M. Kennedy on IMDb, Capt. David M. Kennedy USN Ret., who served as the military technical advisor on several big budget blockbusters (Pearl Harbor, Behind Enemy Lines, and... Stealth). Coincidence?

I'm still looking forward to seeing this, no matter what.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Stealth....

About a month ago my parents sent me an email with all these photoshopped, or screenshot, images from the movie (don't know, never watched all of it) labeled as the Navy's new experimental fighter X-## currently under development!! They asked if I knew anything about it... I just had to put my face in my palm and sigh, then laugh and explain.

On topic though, it sounds like it will focus on the most romantacized aspect of military aviation. That could be fun so long as you don't go expecting it to be real to life.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Stealth....

About a month ago my parents sent me an email with all these photoshopped, or screenshot, images from the movie (don't know, never watched all of it) labeled as the Navy's new experimental fighter X-## currently under development!! They asked if I knew anything about it... I just had to put my face in my palm and sigh, then laugh and explain.

On topic though, it sounds like it will focus on the most romantacized aspect of military aviation. That could be fun so long as you don't go expecting it to be real to life.

I got the same one from my dad. I didn't know if I wanted to embellish the spoof or set him straight. I guess not everyone was dumb enough to shell out the money to see it.

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
While looking for info on said writer, I discovered that there is another David M. Kennedy on IMDb, Capt. David M. Kennedy USN Ret., who served as the military technical advisor on several big budget blockbusters (Pearl Harbor, Behind Enemy Lines, and... Stealth). Coincidence?

I'm still looking forward to seeing this, no matter what.

Super. Three of the most crap movies ever made. This movie will suck... although these days I think almost every movie I see sucks... which is a sign that I'm getting old.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Super. Three of the most crap movies ever made. This movie will suck... although these days I think almost every movie I see sucks... which is a sign that I'm getting old.

What? Behind Enemy Lines was a pretty good flick... and the ejection seat sequence was bad ass to say the least...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Negative

What? Behind Enemy Lines was a pretty good flick... and the ejection seat sequence was bad ass to say the least...
If by a pretty good flick, you mean entertaining to 14 year olds, then yes, Behind Enemy lines was a success. If you mean they even attempted an accurate representation of naval aviation/escape and evasion, then NO.

The ejection scene was the icing on the cake of ridiculousness! After a 5 minutes scene evading two of 2029's best SAM's, they punch out and hit each other mid-air?!?!? I hope that the general audience would realize the implausibility of the entire sequence.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
If by a pretty good flick, you mean entertaining to 14 year olds, then yes, Behind Enemy lines was a success. If you mean they even attempted an accurate representation of naval aviation/escape and evasion, then NO.

The ejection scene was the icing on the cake of ridiculousness! After a 5 minutes scene evading two of 2029's best SAM's, they punch out and hit each other mid-air?!?!? I hope that the general audience would realize the implausibility of the entire sequence.

Why do you have to take all the fun out of it? :( Let the man enjoy his movie! ;)