• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Fight's On" ..... new movie

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If by a pretty good flick, you mean entertaining to 14 year olds, then yes, Behind Enemy lines was a success. If you mean they even attempted an accurate representation of naval aviation/escape and evasion, then NO.

The ejection scene was the icing on the cake of ridiculousness! After a 5 minutes scene evading two of 2029's best SAM's, they punch out and hit each other mid-air?!?!? I hope that the general audience would realize the implausibility of the entire sequence.

Come on, I thought the run through the minefield was WAY more realistic..."Lets see, lots of mines, lots of trip wires, I guess if I just run really fast they won't hit me"

MasterBates

If by a pretty good flick, you mean entertaining to 14 year olds, then yes, Behind Enemy lines was a success. If you mean they even attempted an accurate representation of naval aviation/escape and evasion, then NO.

The ejection scene was the icing on the cake of ridiculousness! After a 5 minutes scene evading two of 2029's best SAM's, they punch out and hit each other mid-air?!?!? I hope that the general audience would realize the implausibility of the entire sequence.

Now maybe it is ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous? A fleet guy saying "it's not totally accurate" or a FNG who has not flown .1 in a naval aircraft saying "HOLY SHIT, Hollywood is FOS!!!!! LOL! ROFL!!!!!!"

Seriously dude, what the fvck do YOU know about escape and evasion.

TWO THINGS.

JACK. AND SHIT.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I wonder if Junk will ever make it to Pronasia?? If he does, I hope he dosent get fornicated in the bootocks.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^ I forgot....you're the only other MF'er I know besides me in the USN that's done both sites.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
^^God you two, that just brought back some poorly repressed memories, thanks guys! (It only took me 3 days to stop hearing everyone talk like that) ;)

stickygdm

pilot
I am drunk and feisty. He will not like proper posish.

Best kind of beer is free beer!! Better is O-5 beer!!

Best story I heard about BHL (Behind Enemy Lines) as it's known in the biz, was that Owen whatshisname was walking around the ship in wardrobe and the real XO of the ship (think ChuckV) stopped him and began to verbally ring his neck about his hair. After a few minutes, Owen explained that he was an actor.

MasterBates

I take it you guys had a chuckle today as 226 went down on me in chocks and I had troubleshooters swarming over it to get it up.

(took me a minute to figure out what the "your RAT popped again" handsignal was)

And yes, free CoC beer is great.