• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

euclid83

FS SNA
Anyone know the date of the board by anychance?

The 15th falls on Sunday this month so I would imagine it'll be on the following Monday. That gives them all week to get there stuff together so Im hoping we will hear the good news by Friday the 20th.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
from what I understand, it generally takes 5 full days and allow 2 for selections. So, probably Tuesday, Monday the earliest, so my OR tells me; however, a friend of mine knew of his selection the day after.

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
The 16 makes the most since to me too. Anybody know when the list that guarantees you will be seen at the February board comes out? My recruiter told me i was in on jan 23 but im not sure if that means that it just got received. My package was sent in on the 15.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I figured id ask my OR about the list mid next week, and when i was up for the July board i didnt find out till the end of the month, but June just prior found out on like the 20th. just depends

yeah the 16th is what I was thinking, hopfully we find out that friday or the monday following, I know for the Jan board people started finding out late that friday

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I am really hoping to have my package reviewed this month. I turned it in at the end of December, its been a excruciatingly long wait. Before anyone says it, I am aware of the expression "Hurry up and wait." I'm wondering if a score of 52 on the OAR just isn't going to cut it anymore for SWO and supply. I don't have a great gauge of how that compares to others applying for SWO and supply since it seems like most people here are going for pilot, flight officer or intel.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I am really hoping to have my package reviewed this month. I turned it in at the end of December, its been a excruciatingly long wait. Before anyone says it, I am aware of the expression "Hurry up and wait." I'm wondering if a score of 52 on the OAR just isn't going to cut it anymore for SWO and supply. I don't have a great gauge of how that compares to others applying for SWO and supply since it seems like most people here are going for pilot, flight officer or intel.

www.Sailorbob.com is geared toward people who are going SWO...also www.usnavyocs.com has a lot of people from every pipeline, although it seems most of them are swo, supply, intel etc..

This site is friendly towards all designators but I figured I would throw those out there for you so you could also see where you stood with people in your specific designator.

Good luck.

Gills

www.Sailorbob.com is geared toward people who are going SWO...also www.usnavyocs.com has a lot of people from every pipeline, although it seems most of them are swo, supply, intel etc..

This site is friendly towards all designators but I figured I would throw those out there for you so you could also see where you stood with people in your specific designator.

Good luck.

sciguy, don't even bother looking at Sailorbob or usnavyocs. Sailorbob is impossible to navigate and not even all that helpful. Plus, every thread on usnavyocs is like 10 years old.

From what my OR tells me, a score in the 50s is competitive for SWO. I can't speak for SUPPLY. One other thing, If you're up for SWO this month, its jampacked with like 10 million people, so good luck!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^---- I never go to sailorbob..I just suggested it since it was geared towards SWOs. I should start going though to remind myself why I'm glad I get a chance to be a Navy pilot. :icon_tong

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
sciguy, don't even bother looking at Sailorbob or usnavyocs. Sailorbob is impossible to navigate and not even all that helpful. Plus, every thread on usnavyocs is like 10 years old.

From what my OR tells me, a score in the 50s is competitive for SWO. I can't speak for SUPPLY. One other thing, If you're up for SWO this month, its jampacked with like 10 million people, so good luck!
I knew I was going to be facing some stiff competition for at least the next few months. If I don't get it this time I will try again, in March or April if I can. The OAR score may be my weakest area. Thank you for letting me know it was at least competitive, cpgillie.

If you don't get a pro-rec, do they tell you what you could improve on for next time or is it just a guess?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
they dont tell you anything, if your not selected all you will be told is that. Your OR can try to find out more, but it won't go anywhere. Application "upgrades" are higher ASTB, GPA; to get next month review. Then, in general clubs, community service and anything as a whole big picture will help. Before I appplied again I just kind of said to myself, "how many things can I possibly do to improve my package right now." If you do that you will most likely cover the area that they were looking for. I imagine that is rarely is one single DQing factor, rather small things that ad up. Just do work, think about the standard of a Naval Officer and don't quit.

and cpgillie you deserve +1 for the Summer Heights High avatar.

yeah you would more than likely want to have it now while you have some time to just sit around and get better, though being sick sucks all together....hope you feel better and hopefully these next few weeks pass quickly

euclid83

FS SNA
Only a few weeks until the boards and I am sick with the flu for a week. Not the time to be unable to PT :(

No worries dude, if you're in good physical condition you'll recover faster than you think. Just relax and stay hydrated.