• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
I already hold an FAA first class medical. That does not require anything special, there are no standards to qualify for it. I would like to get the flight physical for the navy so that I know I will not fail it once at OCS.

Yeah I dunno, possibly if you are pro-recd you could get it done but other than that your guess is as good as mine (sorry can't be of much more help on this one)

euclid83

FS SNA
you guys freaking out yet?! Good luck to you guys in the next days to come.

Im alittle anxious but not nearly as much as the first 3 times. Im just hoping that all my paper work is in order and everyting is a go. Normally I would be freaking out and calling my recruiter but at this point I just feel lethargic. Im sure once this thread starts lighting up with pro-recs then Ill get excited.

MidWestEwo

None
Im alittle anxious but not nearly as much as the first 3 times. Im just hoping that all my paper work is in order and everyting is a go. Normally I would be freaking out and calling my recruiter but at this point I just feel lethargic. Im sure once this thread starts lighting up with pro-recs then Ill get excited.

3 times? What have you been applying for?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
My OR said that the website where they post all the information like the list up for the board and who is pro-rec, ect. has been down the last week or something and he would let me know. He also said there shouldn't be anyproblems with anyone making the board this month that, they wern't rolling any applications (meaning just BDCP or all SNA i dono).
Round two here and i dont really know what to think, anxious i guess, but after being a non-select once slightly diff. minsd set i suppose, but my app. seems about as capped out as i can make it as a whole,except for improving my current 3.32 gpa, 3.16 prior app.
As far as the flight physical you will get at OCS, my friend in advanced jets said it's not that much different that meps flight physical. I know when i went to MEPS it said flight physical and i did some extra stuff and the doc went into more detail with my records and i think an extra eye exam from the other guys. Either way, if a problems pops up at ocs, i'd just do all that i can to fix it and keep going.
Well I watched "Speed and Angels" last night so i know my navy aviation boner is at full mass, G'luck this week guys/gals.

euclid83

FS SNA
3 times? What have you been applying for?

Im applying for SNA/SNFO. I've only applied once but my application has been submitted since the beginning of October. I was suppose to be at the October board but for some reason didnt make it. The same thing happened in November. I was finally reviewed in January but they were missing my ASTB and transcripts, as a result I wasn't selected. My recruiter has it all straigtened out now (I hope) and Im up for this month's board. Im just trying to hope for the best and expect the worst. Dont get me wrong though, I want this more than anything Ive ever wanted. Im just prepared for another month of waiting if need be.

Lobster

He also said there shouldn't be anyproblems with anyone making the board this month that, they wern't rolling any applications (meaning just BDCP or all SNA i dono).

I think its just BDCP guys, I've got a buddy at school here that is a Senior and is going for a straight SNA slot, he didn't make the Jan boards, and just found out he's been rolled to March.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
well, good luck to you, Euclid. That is definitely frustrating, and sounds more like your OR didn't have his stuff together; those items should not have been missing.

MidWestEwo

None
Turtl3 said:
Word from my recruiter is that the board 'will probably be today'. 134 of 250 of FY09 already contracted, 80 pending and 50 up for FEB. These numbers may be incorrect (fuzzy memory) but I think they are at least in the ball park. He also said, as others above have mentioned, that they are not rolling people unless there is a clerical error or missing component. Keep in mind information still varies even with in the recruiting circles, so draw your own conclusions.

You mean they are only accepting 116 more people until October then? I think I am building my hopes up a little too much.. :(

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Good luck to you guys...I hope another big win for AirWarriors with an abundance of pilot, nfo, and swo selections!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Superstitious? No room for that mess except on a pirate ship.

That would be nice if the board is today, might actually hear something by this time next week. Regardless, the week is over and so are tests; time for a landshark and a rum drink.
Side note just because i see it coming: Have a date tonight, Feb. 13th and a friday the 13th. Yes, I am a damn idiot, but the girl is packing heat; so kind of a toss up.
I am reminded of an episode of "the office" where ryan hooks up with kelly on feb. 13th and the next day he is pulling out his hair.
Second thought, its smart, keeps any bad juju away from the board and on the date.
You may and I know you will ridicule as you wish.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I always thought 'packing heat' meant carrying a gun. If that's the case, going out with a chick on Fri 13th who is carrying a gun...cannot end well for you.