• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

NavyIntel

Someone dumbed me for a true comment. Got to love the forums.

I was just told that the intel board has adjourned and names will be at NRC tomorrow and results likely to be released 7-15 days. We will see if that comes true, I wouldn't hold my breath since the navy always shifts to the right.

USAF_WX2USN

I was just told that the intel board has adjourned and names will be at NRC tomorrow and results likely to be released 7-15 days. We will see if that comes true, I wouldn't hold my breath since the navy always shifts to the right.

Just for Intel or for all of the jobs?

NavyIntel

I'm not sure about the others. Intel was the first of the IDC boards to convene/adjourne so I would assume Intel will be realeased first... I honestly have no clue. Some of the other boards that are selecting less individuals may actually post results sooner. I'm not 100% sure how all of that works man. It is really just a waiting game at this point.

USAF_WX2USN

I'm not sure about the others. Intel was the first of the IDC boards to convene/adjourne so I would assume Intel will be realeased first... I honestly have no clue. Some of the other boards that are selecting less individuals may actually post results sooner. I'm not 100% sure how all of that works man. It is really just a waiting game at this point.

No worries. You seem to be in the know about this board, so figured I'd ask. I'm sure there were more applicants for Intel than say OCEANO, like me, so maybe that will work in my favor and I'll find out sooner. Anyways, we'll all hear eventually. Thanks for all the info!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't see it as DUMB... don't sweat it, just one person's opinion, I got 'dumbed' a few months ago (for a true post), by a newbie wannabee who to this day, has never made his own first post. That was the last time the site was blessed by his presence!:rolleyes:
BzB

exNavyOffRec

The IDC boards are all held at the same time as the board members are the same, that is why sometimes a person may submit for Intel but be on the IW Pro Y list, this is the only board that does things like that.

Matthew Smith

Hazegrey05
The IDC boards are all held at the same time as the board members are the same, that is why sometimes a person may submit for Intel but be on the IW Pro Y list, this is the only board that does things like that.

That doesn't make any sense to me considering they are completely separate designators. I thought they picked a handful of senior IW Officers, Intel Officers etc that made up the composition of the board. Also, if someone is submitting an OCS application they are applying for those specific designators on the package. I might not understand your post but the way it sounds is that if someone applies for Intel; the IDC board can just toss them on the IW Pro Y list which defeats the purpose of having someone select individual designators when we can just throw them in any slot that falls under IDC. Maybe I'm just reading to far into it.

exNavyOffRec

That doesn't make any sense to me considering they are completely separate designators. I thought they picked a handful of senior IW Officers, Intel Officers etc that made up the composition of the board. Also, if someone is submitting an OCS application they are applying for those specific designators on the package. I might not understand your post but the way it sounds is that if someone applies for Intel; the IDC board can just toss them on the IW Pro Y list which defeats the purpose of having someone select individual designators when we can just throw them in any slot that falls under IDC. Maybe I'm just reading to far into it.

The board normally consist of 3 IDC officers, senior member is a Captain, others are O-3 to O-5.
You are right it doesn't make sense, but then again often what IDC has done doesn't, not saying it will happen again on this board, but it has on the boards the past several years.

Matthew Smith

Hazegrey05
The board normally consist of 3 IDC officers, senior member is a Captain, others are O-3 to O-5.
You are right it doesn't make sense, but then again often what IDC has done doesn't, not saying it will happen again on this board, but it has on the boards the past several years.

Thanks for the reply NOR. Would you happen to know if the NRD's will receive the full list of selectees including the fleet applicants or do we have to wait for BOL to load the results?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the reply NOR. Would you happen to know if the NRD's will receive the full list of selectees including the fleet applicants or do we have to wait for BOL to load the results?

The board results are put on one document, signed, then scanned and emailed to the NRD's, it list everyone.