• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

exNavyOffRec

Like I said, it is 50 and all of those selected will be at OCS by 01 July 2014. However the remaining FY13 will be at OCS by July 2013 and the FY14 candidates will be at OCS by December 2013 all bassed off OCS available seats. So based off what I have been told no one should have to wait more than a year...

There are a couple of issues here 1) boards are only supposed to select up to 50% of the next FY goal since FY14 goals aren't out until fall 2) FY13 has already been selected and is full with ZERO spots available, now no one outside of NRC will see that is full until they are commissioned so a person at NPC may believe there are spots open since if they look at FY13 accessions it will show currently almost none.

number 2 is how the external boards (non SWO/SNA/SNFO) have jacked things up before, case it point, last IDC board they selected under 2 areas FY13 primary, FY 13 alternate/FY 14 primary but FY13 was full so they were all pushed, some were given preliminary OCS dates of FY15! but luckily some declined, some weren't medically cleared, some went into a non IDC designator, and goals went up in a few designators so that "fixed the problem"

NavyIntel

So are you telling me the President/OCM of the Intel board doesn't know how many applicants to select?

I understand what you are saying; I just don't know why there are two different numbers and which is the "accurate" one... lol

exNavyOffRec

So are you telling me the President/OCM of the Intel board doesn't know how many applicants to select?

I understand what you are saying; I just don't know why there are two different numbers and which is the "accurate" one... lol

What I am telling you is that they screw it up each time, I doubt it is on purpose I think they just don't use the numbers given by NRC, especially since 50 Intel would equal the past 3 years of accessions through OCS and the numbers keep going down.

FYI I believe 50 is TOTAL Intel from all sources for the FY from the documents I have seen.

Matthew Smith

Hazegrey05
I don't want to sound like the weasel of the bunch but if they over-pick and I have to wait 3 years to class up I would still be freaking ecstatic. When you've spent your entire life aspiring to be a better leader whats an extra couple years of waiting right?

exNavyOffRec

I am looking at the sheet and know why you were given that number, looking at the sheet that number of 50 factors in historical attrition that is now in the equation (actual equation) as opposed to random guessing, it also factors in the 10, yes 10 for FY13 that have dropped in the past few months that were pro Y

also from the sheet expect 46 IW, 2 IP, 6 SWO IP, 4 or 5 SWO Oceano, and 4 or 5 SWO IW.

These ARE NOT billets available just number that should be pro Y

Sumit

I am looking at the sheet and know why you were given that number, looking at the sheet that number of 50 factors in historical attrition that is now in the equation (actual equation) as opposed to random guessing, it also factors in the 10, yes 10 for FY13 that have dropped in the past few months that were pro Y

also from the sheet expect 46 IW, 2 IP, 6 SWO IP, 4 or 5 SWO Oceano, and 4 or 5 SWO IW.

These ARE NOT billets available just number that should be pro Y
Thats a huge number of Pro-recs both for Intel and IW :D!! Thank you Chief for posting these stats :)

NavyIntel

See I knew I wasn't getting bad gouge... Intel and IW is really high!!! I'm not going to complain one bit since I applied for both. Thanks Chief.

NavyIntel

So apparently I submitted for this board too.

I like how you don't know which boards you applied for! lol

Yep, the board convenes today and results should be out mid next week or the following week at the lasest. I wish everyone the best of luck and if anyone gets word that they were selected, they best be posting on here and letting us know! :D

exNavyOffRec

See I knew I wasn't getting bad gouge... Intel and IW is really high!!! I'm not going to complain one bit since I applied for both. Thanks Chief.

Just remember that the selections DO NOT equal billets, the one thing that would make me nervous is they are counting on the same attrition that they see with Pilot/NFO/SWO and up to the past few boards it wasn't the same or at least due to the same reason. This is why I would use caution.
1) If a person applies for Pilot/NFO/SWO they could get a Pro Y for all 3, but for IDC if you apply for mulitiple designators you only get Pro Y for 1
2) There are more AD selections for IDC and AD must be PQ before submission which means less attrition
3) Seen the results of this done before, resulted in some people waiting 2 FY's to go to OCS, if you don't mind waiting, no issue, some did which is why they declined.

I think NRC is playing it safe for them, can't blame them, but could bite some applicants in the end.

NavyIntel

Makes perfect sense. For results where will they post first? BUPERS or Message traffic? Also will the Board contact all AD applicats that got selected prior to it posting on BUPERS? I'm hopping the board will start contacting us next week prior to bupers updating...

exNavyOffRec

Makes perfect sense. For results where will they post first? BUPERS or Message traffic? Also will the Board contact all AD applicats that got selected prior to it posting on BUPERS? I'm hopping the board will start contacting us next week prior to bupers updating...

The results will get released via email to all the NRD's, then they will start to put it into BUPERS, normally that takes a few days longer.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
1) If a person applies for Pilot/NFO/SWO they could get a Pro Y for all 3, but for IDC if you apply for mulitiple designators you only get Pro Y for 1

NavyOffRec, how would it work if someone got a Pro Y for IDC, and then were also picked up for a designator in March?