• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Top Gun quote(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleeagle

I now have to watch it again to solve the whole Penny, Peggy, Patty Benjamin debate, it's killin me.

"Hey Goose, ya big STUUUUUD!"
"That's me mama!"
"Take me to bed or loose me for ever."
"Show me the way home mama!!"

Great Balls of Fire!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Man...I'm waaaaaay behind the curve..only saw it twice....lol

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

jaerose

Ah, the Admiral's daughter debate...the great debate of the 21st century! What was her name...really? At least it's in the beginning of the movie (if you have VHS)...for those of us with the DVD (which has been watched about 200 times...my 12 year-old cousin is addicted, too) we can just scan =)

Slider: "Crashed and burned, huh, Mav?"
Maverick: "Slider, (sniff) you stink!"

Goose: "Slider, I thought you wanted to be a pilot?"
Slider: "Blow me!"

Also, who has noticed the funny way the call-signs describe the characters? What about the way the only African-American in the class has the call-sign "Sundown?"

JR

BYSun

hmmm...where does "Charlie's" call sign fit in?

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

NavyLonghorn

Ok.. just finished watching Top Gun. It's Penny. My bad. Ive seen it 100 times, and I've always heard it as Peggy.

"I dont know, I just... dont.... know."

jabravo2003

I would put in my quotes about this movie(since I have been watching it since I was 5yrs old, taught me about sex ;)) but if I did quote this movie it would be as long as the script, word for word. Pathetic huh HAHA

George

Accepted for PLC183-PLC Air, ship out 31 May 2003

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I'm sure hitting the breaks works real well if you want a hundred rounds of 20 mike mike up your ass.

jaerose

I think "Charlie" is so-called because she's the target, kind of like it was back when I was in 'Nam! Oh, wait...that must've been my other personality typing...shhhh...don't tell the Navy!

JR

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Why is this thread about a NAVY movie in the Marine section???? You could at least use "The Great Santini!"

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
now there's a good flick...

slaps his son and screams "YOU JUST DISSOBEYED A DIRECT ORDER FROM YOUR COMMANDING OFFICER"

lol

Beetle

zuggerat

i think my favorite quote from top gun is either

"I WILL FIRE WHEN IM GOD DAMN GOOD AND READY!!...YOU GOT THAT!!??"

OR

"Can I take a quick shower?"

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Goose: "Mav, you have the number of that truck driving school we saw on TV? Truck Masters, I think it was? I think I'm gonna need that..."

Air control guy: "I want some butts!"

Status
Not open for further replies.