• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Top Gun quote(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
With this post, Airwarriors as a credible source of information exchange has now officially come to an end....

O-man

How about how he looks at his doughter and says "I had no idea you were so Stacked!!" Anyone know why I saw an F-5 land at camp Wilson? I thought only Nasa still used them, and that before that only the AF had them.

O-man

I was taking 46driver and E5B's lead in switching to The Great Santini- This is a Marine forum after all- and the only part of top gun Not yet quoted are the final details of Mav's fathers life.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Actually my favorite quote is from "The Siege of Firebase Gloria" where the Marine SgtMaj (Lee Ermy - same as in Full Metal Jacket) frags the Army captain, takes command of the surrounded firebase and says, "We're gonna re-fortify the $hithole and then protect it like its your daughter's (uhhh, virginity - to keep it clean) 'cause I ain't gonna die here!" I use to say that every time I strapped into a 46! :)

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Since this is in the USMC section, maybe we should turn this around and create a professional movie list. Some of us are a little slow getting around to the reading list...

Of course, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, Braveheart, The Boys of Company C, etc... come to the top of the list. Some of the others, like The Great Santini, must have come out before my time. I was born the same year that it came out...just to try and make you feel old.

My all time favorites would be Boondock Saints and Army of Darkness – Which is the origin of perhaps the greatest one-liners of all time

Ash about his shotgun: This ... is my BOOM STICK!!!

Ash: You ain't leadin' but two things right now. Jack and $hit. And Jack left town.

[The girl wants to apologize to Ash]
Ash: First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow.

Ash to the Witch: Yo, she-bitch! Let's go!

Ash: Clatto Verata Nicto.
Wise man: Again.
Ash: Clatto Verata Nicto.
Wise man: Again.
Ash: Look, I know your damn words!

Demon Lady: I'll swallow your soul!
Ash: Come get some.

Girl: "You found me beautiful once."
Ash: "Honey...you got real ugly."

LadyJayUSN

Marines...sheesh...just stick to the topic will ya?

A personal fave of mine: "Has anyone seen an aircraft carrier around here?" <Maverick>

oh...and of course....

"Long cruise, wasn't it sailor" <Charlie>
"It was too long" <Maverick>
"So what'd ya wanna do, just drop down on the tile and go for it?"<Charlie>
"Actually, I had this counter in mind" <Maverick>
"Yeah, that'd be great..." <Charlie>

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
That’s a negative ladyjane, the pattern is full...

damn Marines...failure to follow simple instruction

You had best unfu** yourself or I will unscrew your head and sh** down your neck...God has a hard on for marines, because we kill everything we see - Sgt. Hartman

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
DI: Where in the hell are you from anyway, private?
Cowboy: Sir! Texas, Sir!
DI: Holy dog sh!t! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
Cowboy: Sir! No Sir!
DI: Are you a peter puffer?
Cowboy: Sir! No Sir!
DI: I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would f@#$ a person in the a$$ and not even have the gd common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you

- Is stuff like this really said, or is this just hollywood? -

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Not to jump into any quotes but I will clarify some things. If you hit the brakes, he will not fly right back but he will put a heater in your ass. Speed is life.(And its not illegal. Actually, nothing is unless you get caught). The Marine Corps has a squadron of F-5's based at MCAS Yuma. Don't get your hopes up, its for reservists only. They act as agressors for the fleet. VMFT-401 "The Snipers"
Frumby out

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

Status
Not open for further replies.