• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Marine Movies, split

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I thought the scene when he dunks the JO Marine's head down the toilet that he thought was his COL buddy was the bestest....

airfrogusmc

Guadalcanal Diary has always been one of my favorites.

I read the folks that did Band of Brothers is working on similar piece on the First Marine Division in WWII.

I did like the movie Flags of our Fathers. Liked the book better.

Speak'n of books Battle Cry was good and another one by Leon Uris O'Haras Choice are both good books about the corps.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
John Milius at his best .... If you can sit still in your seat while this scene is running from Fleet Landing to the gates of the Bashaw ... you're not an American military man .... :)

Concur...also the palace takedown has one of the best lines as Capt Jerome brandishes his Mameluke sword

Lawman

None
The Boys In Company C

All the great parts of Full Metal Jacket without all that Stanley Kubrick trying to make a statement crap. And Yes, R Leigh Ermy is in it.

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!
The Boys In Company C

All the great parts of Full Metal Jacket without all that Stanley Kubrick trying to make a statement crap. And Yes, R Leigh Ermy is in it.

Agreed. Excellent flick. I'm checking my package right now. :D

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
What... no one liked Jarhead?

(And in all seriousness, that is one of the worst movies ever... I want my $8.00 back)

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor

(And in all seriousness, that is one of the worst movies ever... I want my $8.00 back)
It was every cliche Marine story all wrapped into one "nice" movie. I want mine back as well.

Lawman

None

Jarhead was exactly what you would get if you took that dirty guy that recognizes your high and tight in a bar and proceedes to tell you all about how he used to be a Marine and made a movie about it. All the this one times, and this happened to this one guy, and stories about his heroism and the action he has seen when in reality he was probably some broke dick 10%er who was hated by most of his unit and the closest he ever got to action was when somebody tossed an MRE heater bomb into his tent on a Bivwack to F with him.

Between that movie and the smart ass disparaging remarks he made afterward I want to hit Jake Gyllenhall in the face with a shovel. And Micheal Swofard can kiss my ass.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Jarhead was exactly what you would get if you took that dirty guy that recognizes your high and tight in a bar and proceedes to tell you all about how he used to be a Marine and made a movie about it. All the this one times, and this happened to this one guy, and stories about his heroism and the action he has seen when in reality he was probably some broke dick 10%er who was hated by most of his unit and the closest he ever got to action was when somebody tossed an MRE heater bomb into his tent on a Bivwack to F with him.

Between that movie and the smart ass disparaging remarks he made afterward I want to hit Jake Gyllenhall in the face with a shovel. And Micheal Swofard can kiss my ass.

It was like Annapolis for Marines...