• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F18 HARM shooters on 1986 Libya Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
I am from Bulgaria. I am not a military man (except one year conscription in the army).
Once in BOJ Intl in Bourgas, BG, awaiting the flight to Vilnius, LT, I've met a couple of guys in USAF uniform - as it turned out, of Herc crew. The first question cocked to slip from my tongue was "what you are doing here?" but thanks God, He had shut my muzzle up and forced to smile and wave first, and then put the proper bullet in my mental chamber, so I've asked: "Hello guys, why do you fly with AF instead of Navy?" So I've bought some smiles in return and then, if I'd have been dumb enough to ask initial question, I'd probably have the answer. Got the hint? Show what you have first. Nobody's obliged to play schoolteacher here, though there's a lot of repeating questions with common reaction: maaaaan, can you read English? So surf the pages: chances somebody has already answered your questions are high enough. This forum consists of mostly clever and educated people so get used to it.

Last edited:

Max the Mad Russian

Where they are?

Just around you. Look, armchair experts differ: there are those who have something other to care about and those who haven't. What is in between is an irony. Kinda hard-learned lesson: if you don't have a taste of irony, better go by.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Why A-7 is so extensively used as SEAD platform in NAVY, why not A-4, A-6, F-4?.
The simplest answerr to your question is probably:

Because that was the original procurement purpose of the A-7. They bought it to do a certain job, so naturally they used it for what they bought it for.

Click here, click the “Development” section, then read the “Origins” subsection:

Last edited:

Max the Mad Russian

Why A-7 is so extensively used as SEAD platform in NAVY, why not A-4, A-6, F-4?.
А-6В was dedicated Shrike platform back in Vietnam before A-7 even entered the service. On the other hand, what else could single seat land mover do over landmasses, especially one gravely underpowered up to A-7E version? Maybe the best way to get the answer you need is to terrify the retired USAF people about their experience with A-7D and their SEAD practice from this land-based Corsair to F-16CJ, isn't it?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm old enough. I flew the A-7. I just chose to not participate in this discussion.
Not a bad choice . . .
Montparnasse-Train-Wreck-photos%2B%25281%2529.jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No discussion so far.... Only "Ivan"-ing and "STFU"-ing....

Back to original topic and until waiting for discussion...

l1k4byqw.jpg

lk44iis33.jpg

lk45a7sbh.jpg
Here is what I am seeing from you. You have zero respect for military professionals who have a sworn duty to protect classified information. You just push push and equate their reluctance to discuss sensitive information as rude or cowardly. You claim what you want is unclassified and open source, but what you believe does not matter. By definition you don't even know what remains classified on this subject. These guys do, especially on this topic. You did come to the right spot. You have exchanged posts with true experts in the field. They choose not to engage for good reason. You are simply disrespectful of people that have the discipline and professionalism to stay true to their oath and others that could be harmed by a slip of information, even unintended. This is why @Max the Mad Russian was summoned. He always respects a member's reluctance to talk.

Max the Mad Russian

Back to original topic and until waiting for discussion...
The only result with this Russian intel thrash you will get is hammering the last nail into the discussion coffin's cover. Maybe the longhaired history professors will buy this, but not here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.