• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

MasterBates

I specialize in UGLY

SH-60B%20Picture%20Program.jpg

35594128.CRW_0910.jpg

oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
At least when the JSF comes out, I can give jet guys some shit for flying an airplane uglier than mine. Small victories.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Surely there is some young and stupid 3P/NavCom somewhere that we can convince it's a good idea. I'll even pay for the ring, wedding and honeymoon (within reason).

Is it wrong that I want to help MB trick some poor unsuspecting fool into this arrangement...?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Is it wrong that I want to help MB trick some poor unsuspecting fool into this arrangement...?

Just as long as you have the dude cross his fingers when he says his vows/signs the paper. Otherwise, that'd just be cruel.

beaverslayer

pilot
JSF IP - Now capitalized to put the anal retentive at ease.

So I started wondering about this the other day, and could not find any information anywhere to answer my question. Who will instruct the first generation of f-35 pilots? Are there any pilots (barring test pilots) who can actually fly the thing? A few sites I found said that current F-22 IPs will have a part to play. Any ideas how accurate that is?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I started wondering about this the other day, and could not find any information anywhere to answer my question. Who will instruct the first generation of f-35 pilots? Are there any pilots (barring test pilots) who can actually fly the thing? A few sites I found said that current F-22 IPs will have a part to play. Any ideas how accurate that is?

There will be a "FIT" (Fleet Introduction Team) just like there is with every other new platform. They will train a cadre of 2nd/3rd tour aircrew who will, in turn, train squadrons who are transitioning at the RAG which will be teaching the JSF.

Brett

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Its my understanding that said FIT is standing up sometime this year down at Eglin. Supposedly a joint FIT that will begin the process of getting all branches familiar with their respective variants.

I believe I read something about it in Navy Times.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
There have been rumors circulating around the jet VT's about this recently. Something about the first round of IP's being selected this coming year. It's good to see that the rumor mill is still alive and well.