• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-15 midair over Gulf of Mexico

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
They took a stripped down F-15A higher than that during the 1970's...I think the program was called "Streak Eagle" or something to that effect.

I remember getting all excited to see it at the Air Force Museum when I was in college. Only I get there and they painted the damed jet AF blue so it looked just like every other A model I've seen. You'd think they coulda clear coated it or something else to keep it's uniqueness?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember getting all excited to see it at the Air Force Museum when I was in college. Only I get there and they painted the damed jet AF blue so it looked just like every other A model I've seen. You'd think they coulda clear coated it or something else to keep it's uniqueness?

That is a travesty as Streak Eagle was one of a kind and should be preserved that way. Reminds of ACC HQ at Langley where they painted the 4 jets on sticks same color for uniformity even though F-105 and F-86 never wore that paint scheme. The F-4 is elsewhere as is the B-52 and they are in correct paint schemes.

Wrong way (IMHO)

78-0001.jpg

Right way (IMHO)

afjrotcLangley.jpg