• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Excited as me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt S

None
I just want to know who else out there is dying to graduate like me? I want to be a Marine so bad I can taste it. I still have seniors and a year of school left although I should have 1 1/2 years left. I'm taking 20 hrs the next two semesters so I can get on with what I really want. That's enough rambling for now, I don't usually post much so I thought i'd let you all know how I feel.

BDronet

Don't be in such a rush, enjoy your time. If you were in the quigley now you'd be praying you were somewhere else.

Tabasco where you from.

Cajun

los5041

Well I guess I can agree that I am a littel excited, but I don't think the Marine Corp has 12,000 gourgeous girls walking around looking for random hookups or 14 bars in a row where the beer flows freely. To tell you the truth I wish I could get a 401K from college and never have to leave. Damn and I graduate this August.

KBayDog

los5041 said:
Well I guess I can agree that I am a littel excited, but I don't think the Marine Corp has 12,000 gourgeous girls walking around looking for random hookups...

No, but the Corps does have free medical, which will help you treat the crud you will get from 12,000 "random hookups."

los5041 said:
...or 14 bars in a row where the beer flows freely.

Maybe not on base, but the Corps is seldom stationed far from such watering holes (save Cherry Point/Lejeune). I am sure that a tour in SoCal or Hawaii will change your mind about the distance between Marines and booze.

los5041 said:
...To tell you the truth I wish I could get a 401K from college and never have to leave.

Not quite a 401K, but the Corps does have a retirement option or two.

Trust me, los5041, you are not giving up your life when you enter the Corps. In fact, you'll probably find that it is quite fun traveling to MANY places with "14 bars in a row." (Well, maybe not at OCS...)

los5041

KBayDog, Thanks for the info I don't feel so bad anymore. No I am just joking around though, I'm not that bad I just have really enjoyed my time in College, but your right it will be nice to start making some money and seeing some more places rather than this tiny town of Bowling Green Ohio. And not to mention Flying around in a Helo or Jet someday probally won't be to bad either. And "Well maybe not at OCS" thank God I am done with that, I am expecting to go to TBS probally in November with Fox..At least that's what my OSO says..

UA-I-WANNA-GO

Take it all in gents...and ladies

God willing we'll all be able to be officers and fly, or ground pound, or whatever we all want to do. But right now we are in the times of our lives that people talk about wishing they could do again. One piece of advice is take it slow, enjoy college, have random hook ups, get slobbering drunk, and break S#!t just because you can. After college people, it's responsibility time.(reality check) Some days I wish I didn't have to deal with the college bullcrap, but I realize that I have the rest of my life to be a Marine, so why not just relax and go watch hot chicks at the pool while there are still ALOT around.

Semper Fi

P.S. Watch out for the copperheads at OCS, a buddy of mine took a bite in the calf while on the night IMC. So much happening he didn't even realize it for 2 days. Oh, and for those unfortunate ones who have to go back to OCS for seniors, the hardest part is getting back on that damn bus, after that it's cake.

UORBulldog

hey are there any squad runs, or ind. runs in boots and utes at srs. and do they take you to cash sales at all to replace cammies

UA-I-WANNA-GO

yes, and yes. If you have the old cammies they will take you to cash sales and you'll get the new everything. They will let you keep your old boots so that you can PT in them. Sometimes they won't let you though, it's kind of hit or miss.
as far as running in boots yes you will run in them alot more than Jr's.
It's not as bad as it sounds though. You'll do the endurance course in them. (it sucks) you will also run both SULE's in them. There as some other things that you'll run in them for, but i've blocked most of it out of my mind. Other than that i think we only did a handful of boots and utes runs. we did I didn't run in my boots at alll before I went back to seniors and I was fine. The good thing that they have changed in the summer of 04' (2nd increment anyways) is that after humps you will wear go fasters the res of the day. You will also get a good amount of streatching. Overall man, it's good to go. You'll be fine.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The humps at OCS can't be that bad...I mean, you aren't even wearing packs are you??

Well I guess I can agree that I am a littel excited, but I don't think the Marine Corp has 12,000 gourgeous girls walking around looking for random hookups...

You don't think the Marine Corps has 12,000 gorgeous girls walking around? Obviously you have never been to the E-Club in Yuma (They don't call them Yuma Yummies for nothing :D) or to the Double Deuce in 21 Area Camp Pendleton. I guess you have never seen the drop dead gorgeous babes walking around J-Action-Ville!

Pshaw!

Crowbar

None
UA-I-WANNA-GO said:
They will let you keep your old boots so that you can PT in them. Sometimes they won't let you though, it's kind of hit or miss.

By "old" boots do you mean "black" boots?

The humps at OCS can't be that bad...I mean, you aren't even wearing packs are you??

ALICE packs with a light load. Slightly faster than most people might be used to but very doable.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
The packs in TBS get more comfortable to wear...so of course that equals...a lot more weight!! YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.