• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Rememeber Hwancheon dam, May 1951? Last aerial torpedoes use in battle, just to break the dam's gates. Or RAF No 617 squadron bomb success?
Russia tried to do the same by missile strike on gates of Kyiv dam, to flood the capital of Ukraine. One missile shoot down, one missed closely.
A crime against humanity, right?

Max the Mad Russian

Well, I know you're active duty and even having nothing personal you may be obliged to demonstrate hostility, which is understandable. I used to show the harsh reactions to your posts, suspecting you may see it as just trolling:) But it doesn't matter for now.
Look, my clean question is: how close Russians are to a real nuke war start, in your opinion? Unidentified drone would bomb Russian railway station full of troops, for example - will it lead to nuke alert dispatch to UN send by Russians?

Max the Mad Russian

Thanks. Yet it seems to me that Putin meant something different when warned the world against interference in this "operation" on Ukraine. Not the nuke war, at least not in the traditional style of Carribbean Crisis. This tricky motherfucker has something else in the sleeve.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Absent Superpower: Chapter 6 pretty much sums it up. I think Russia will have its hands full with conventional or insurgent forces (if it comes to that). If they attack an Article 5 country then shit will hit the fan Desert Storm style.
Interesting that those scholars with a solid grounding in history seem to have been more accurate than other analysts who were more focused on government, ie Zeihan was closer to the mark than Kori Schake, Niall Ferguson closer than Ian Bremmer.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
This tricky motherfucker has something else in the sleeve.
I don’t think he does. This whole thing is fairly similar to the Russia-Georgia conflict from 2008, just on a grander scale. I think that one was what, two weeks long and then a ceasefire was brokered?). I really do think he was overestimating Russian capabilities and and was hoping for a fast finish.

The AP is reporting they had to commit much more of their support/logistics elements than initially planned and are quickly running out of the supplies needed to sustain the fight. Unless Putin has gone nuts (which is an actual possibility), I don’t think he has much in reserve.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
If they attack an Article 5 country then shit will hit the fan Desert Storm style.
2 things that I am watching concerning solidarity from the Western allies:

1). Energy flows from Russia to Germany, Hungary and a few other nations that are extremely dependent on Russia

2). Will Turkey close the Bosphorus Strait into the Black Sea?

Turkey says cannot stop Russian warships accessing Black Sea​

Ukraine has appealed to Turkey to block Russian warships from passing through the Dardanelles and Bosphorus straits which lead to the Black Sea.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
2 things that I am watching concerning solidarity from the Western allies:

1). Energy flows from Russia to Germany, Hungary and a few other nations that are extremely dependent on Russia

2). Will Turkey close the Bosphorus Strait into the Black Sea?

Turkey says cannot stop Russian warships accessing Black Sea​

Ukraine has appealed to Turkey to block Russian warships from passing through the Dardanelles and Bosphorus straits which lead to the Black Sea.
Article dated yesterday. Today I heard reports that Turkey had closed the Bosphorus to the Russians.