• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Et Tu, Petraeus?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Article doesn't say that was the case in the initial complaint. It just said that chic 1 felt threatened by crazy chic 2 via emails. Unless chic 1 mentioned Petraeus’s name to the FBI upon initial contact, I can't understand why they would get involved.

I'll bet that chics get threatened by crazy chics on a regular basis and the FBI could care less.

Crazy chics making threats to others usually don't entangle the Director of the CIA, if the other woman who was 'close' to Petraeus was professionally or personally associated with him they would possibly fall under the FBI's jurisdiction wrt to threats (federal employee or family). As for looking at his email account during the investigation they would have had to have good reason to look at the CIA director's account, not something you do on a lark.

Edit: This article provides a bit more context of how he got ensnared, they FBI was trying to find out how Broadwell got the email accounts and checked out his account to see if she got them from there.

jmcquate

Contributor
Crazy chics making threats to others usually don't entangle the Director of the CIA, if the other woman who was 'close' to Petraeus was professionally or personally associated with him they would possibly fall under the FBI's jurisdiction wrt to threats (federal employee or family). As for looking at his email account during the investigation they would have had to have good reason to look at the CIA director's account, not something you do on a lark.

Edit: This article provides a bit more context of how he got ensnared, they FBI was trying to find out how Broadwell got the email accounts and checked out his account to see if she got them from there.
OK, I got it. Thanks for the link.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Another effective and admired leader found to be a dishonorable man. That is sad, but in other news, shiniest turd futures explode.

jmcquate

Contributor
On a side note I think the guy who runs Lockheed got swacked for banging a little hottie who worked for him.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not smart on the rules for reservists, but are they subject to the UCMJ when they're not activated or drilling? Just curious as to the legal jurisdiction that might apply to her.

MasterBates

Everything I've read has pointed towards the UCMJ does NOT apply to me (reservist) unless on orders, mobilized, or possibly a breach of classified info, but there are more effective civilian ways to prosecute for that.