• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Erickson Aircrane Refurbishing MH-53E's

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still begs the question, why does Dept of Ed need it's own armed police force? IG, sure. They uncover illegal activity, they call the FBI. The FBI is the one federal law enforcement agency with jurisdiction across the entire US criminal code. It is what they do. Not picking on DOE. Lots of other agencies have their own police forces now. In some cases I get it. In many I don't. Just call the FBI. Waste of money.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still begs the question, why does Dept of Ed need it's own armed police force? IG, sure. They uncover illegal activity, they call the FBI. The FBI is the one federal law enforcement agency with jurisdiction across the entire US criminal code. It is what they do. Not picking on DOE. Lots of other agencies have their own police forces now. In some cases I get it. In many I don't. Just call the FBI. Waste of money.

The FBI doesn't have the capacity or the personnel. It is certainly a bit surprising that we have so many different federal law enforcement agencies from the ATF to DSS along with all the IG's but that is how it is for a variety of reasons, some good and some not so good. But the bit about DOE SWAT teams is ridiculous but accepted fact now unfortunately.