• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EPs

Pags

N/A
pilot
"Roger, use the big blue in back."
"Roger, Crewman XXX read the procedure please"
"Roger, close the window and take controls, while I whip MINE out" hehe...

60S's was asterisked. I'd encourage you to put that in to the front office for an SOP change then...that way it's written down. One of the big problems we've run into at the HTs is after all the mishaps we've had...some of the things we were doing was "technique" and not written down anywhere...well, it bit us in the a$$ when the Mishap IP was asked why he did XXXX...

Unless I am forgetting my 60S NATOPS, we didn't have a Voltage Sensor Relay...Pags, Squorch??? Help!? God bless the brain dump...

Not that I've seen. Books are in the car. Standby a sec.

Just checked. Nothing.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
I just checked into Primary last week. I have a month wait before I class up. I was just wondering what things I should start "familiarizing" myself with? Everyone says the boldface EP's, op limits and normal procedures. I can find the limits and normal procedures in the flight manual, but where are these boldface EPs?? Or is that just air force? In the flight manual, it says navy is only committed to the asterisk marked EPs for memory. Or do I just memorize all EPs? I went crossed eyed just browsing through the flight manual. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

-Fezz

You can go to book-issue in Griffith Hall and get some blank copies of the EP/Limits test. That way you can see what you have to have memorized, and then practice filling them out. You can also start memorizing the procedures in the Contact FTI (cruise-to-climb transition, etc), as well as practicing your checklists in the T-6 mock-up outside the computer room on the second floor of Griffith Hall.
It tends to be a lot harder to memorize the EPs when you have no idea what they're referring to (SSK? ISS? Zoom-glide?), so don't worry too much about it until you start up.
If you have any burning questions prior to starting up or during ground school that you can't or don't want to bother one of the IP's about, a good person to ask is always the Lockheed sim guys that are monitoring the computer lab in Griffith Hall. The government pays them a ****-load of money to sit there and do nothing and they are usually bored, so they have no problem talking about hydraulic systems, holding entries, why is this in the checklist, etc.

MasterBates

Info is @ work, but it is over the SO console. You have to pull it out to change it apparently.

It is the suspected cause of the 44 mishap last year. I had one fail on me at the about 3 months ago, ended up partial panel/AFCS off. Was filed IFR but was in VMC.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think I have heard of the Voltage Sensor Relay, but I don't think we have an EP for it either. Is that the piece that enables various buses to get power from different sources? I.e. if Gen 1 fails, rather than losing the components powered by it, the VSR switches to Gen 2 power? So if that part fails you don't get Gen 2 power to those components? I think.....?

MasterBates

No, its full name is "AFCS VOLTAGE SENSOR RELAY" it is an AFCS only thingie. Sorry I was not clear about that.

I did not know we had one, until mine broke! I was lucky I was VMC.

We are beginning to see failures in the Bravos. Mostly on the older Block 0 aircraft.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No, its full name is "AFCS VOLTAGE SENSOR RELAY" it is an AFCS only thingie. Sorry I was not clear about that.

I did not know we had one, until mine broke! I was lucky I was VMC.

We are beginning to see failures in the Bravos. Mostly on the older Block 0 aircraft.

Okay, I think this is located in the Miscellaneous Relay Panel (not the Misc. switch thing up front), right? There's that one widget up in the overhead above the SO that is one big PFM box/panle. Screwing w/ the thing can fix a bunch of problems...and at the same time cause them as well. If this is the same overall piece of gear, we had one fail on cruise as well, but it was on our Block 1. Then again, everything failed on that aircraft.

MasterBates

I believe the VRS is mounted port of the MRP. I do know they have to all but remove the SO console to change it.