• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EPs

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The fluid is Naptha, it can kill you. Must be a lowest bidder thing

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Get the Marine flash cards .... they are like $15 bucks and have procedures for Fams, PA's and EPS. Really good. Also, I took pics of the cockpit and would sit with the pics around me and go through my procedures and touch the control i was referencing on the appropriate pic. Helped me a lot cause you gotta be able to do em as well as memorize em. No use in knowing you gotta move the condition lever to off if you don't know where the damn thing is.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
The T-34 EP's look pretty crazy in the beginning, but trust me, they will come in time. I remember that at my check ride, every ep came out like verbal vomit. Just hop into the cpt's and get that muscle memory thing working for you. I can still remember the Engine Failure and Airstart because the muscle memory is still there. Good luck.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Is that the stuff in mothballs?? I bet A4s smells like that junk.

Very niice!:D After you get your high fives you better run and take cover.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
virtu050 said:
use neumonics (sp?) to help you learn... i.e. "speed, clean, check, feather, look, lock..." it'll help you tremendously in the plane.

also, spend time to memorize notes, warnings and cautions...

Is it still "TRANSITION, CHECK, FEATHER. CLEAN, SELECT , HARNESS" ?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
"Speed, Clean, Check, Feather, Look, Lock" for HAPL/LAPLs
and
"Dump, Suck, Point, Check, Feather, Look, Lock" for LAPL(P) these days.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Crew Canopy Cords Harness, Crouch Dive Pull. Slower, Lower, Talk & Squawk, Turn ... and what?

There was one more option, but I can't remember it.

Anyway, that's about all I remember from Primary.

romey77

UInavy said:
Is that the stuff in mothballs?? I bet A4s smells like that junk.

Well, they used to have alcohol in them, but the Marines kept drinking them dry, so they switched to more powerful stuff- for the more hardcore types!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, they used to have alcohol in them, but the Marines kept drinking them dry, so they switched to more powerful stuff- for the more hardcore types!
No sh!t true story...My uncle was a SEABEE in WWII. He was pinned down at the surf line for an entire day waiting for the Marines to get a better hold on the beach. At dusk, under fire, he swam out to two partially sunk landing craft, removed the compasses, and brought them back to the beach where he and a buddy broke them open and drank the alcohol in them for a night cap.:eek: Gotta love the ingenuity of sailors.

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Crew Canopy Cords Harness, Crouch Dive Pull. Slower, Lower, Talk & Squawk, Turn ... and what?

There was one more option, but I can't remember it.

Crew, Canopy, Harness, Cords, Mask, Crouch, Dive, Pull. Slower, Lower, Talk/Squawk, Kill (emergency engine shutdown), Turn (toward an unpopulated (or uneducated) :) area)

romey77

Crew, Canopy, Harness, Cords, Mask, Crouch, Dive, Pull. Slower, Lower, Talk/Squawk, Kill (emergency engine shutdown), Turn (toward an unpopulated (or uneducated) :) area)

My IP just gave me his latest: Talk/Squawk, Slower/Lower, Turn/Burn -that way they all rime and you have no problem forgetting it.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot

So that would mean all of the area surrounding Whiting....