• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted Recruiter making me wait to talk to Officer Recruiter

lmnop

I was enlisted and shafted out of the GI Bill.
Ok, I'll bite...how?

Well, Now I am trying for OCS, BECAUSE it seems to me that unless you are a salty enlisted fellow your enlisted experiences is just about as worthless as being a chasier clerk at some fast food joint; And I HATE to type that.
I think it goes back to that old adage about choosing rates and fates, or something like that. Sorry things didn't pan out for you, but I know guys that got out as E5s and are making bank using their enlisted experience.

Kulita

I KNEW some 1 would ask. When I arrived in Great Lakes, IL for Boot I took my sweet time reading through all the paper work we were to sign. When it came to Gi Bill and a few others paper work, some guy started yelling at me saying tick here and sign or else .......... Well, I did and so that was my first shaft. My second one was when I was told that I could get a second chance and pay $100 a month for the next year to pay into the GI Bill. Since it was my last year in and I only had4 months to go, I would have to pay much more than that. Which wasn't a problem for me. BUT a DK (Disbursing Clerk) told me a month later after I had already paid into it that I was ineligible for some reason and gave me some codes. I did the few dollars I put into it back and I am certain I put it into childcare or something like it. It doesn't really matter anymore, it used to get me really peeved whenever I thought about it.

IMNOP you may be right about rate/fate thing, but I just wanna open up all the doors and see what comes my way that is why I am trying for OCS

I do have a fear about the female to male rato and I wonder if a lot of females will be there or just 1 or 2.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
The things you guys are saying are all valid, but I don't think they refute anything I listed on why getting recruits is an issue these days.
Jesus, you were MADE for the Nuke program.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Benefit tags?!?! What is this? AA?!? Like the fake motivational posters say, if you're someone who's so easily swayed and seeks motivation from engraved chips of colored plastic...

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
dude I went through the same thing a couple years ago. I was actually signed up to go on the Delayed Entry Program trying to get officer programs to finish up school. Couldn't get a program in the allowed time for my contract. I told my recruiter to void my contract and get me a new one for a latter date to get rotc, but he never did and called me one day saying I was shipping to boot in 5 days. Got out of that mess and have been working on my degree since. I still intend to join and get a pilot slot after I get done in december. I talked to officer recruiters and they all told me that my voiding my contract will not affect my becoming an officer. so if you have already signed you can still get out of the contract and become an officer

dbrauer87

Well I've finally made it through, I graduate December 5th. One more week of real work and then I'm done. And then I have 4 months of OHARP and then have to start school. Anyways, if anybody has any questions about OCS feel free to ask...I've had 3 different DI's...and seen almost every DI that's around now. So probably can give you a bit of advice, although it's basically just making it through that first week and sneeking your way past RLP and then you're done.

~DB~

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well I've finally made it through, I graduate December 5th. One more week of real work and then I'm done. And then I have 4 months of OHARP and then have to start school. Anyways, if anybody has any questions about OCS feel free to ask...I've had 3 different DI's...and seen almost every DI that's around now. So probably can give you a bit of advice, although it's basically just making it through that first week and sneeking your way past RLP and then you're done.

~DB~

Congrats!