• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted Recruiter making me wait to talk to Officer Recruiter

dbrauer87

Well the title pretty much says it all. I went to my local recruiter and he's telling me I needed to get over a 70 on the ASVAB before the officer recruiter would even come talk to me. I will be graduating in 2 months with my B.S. in Physics. I went ahead and took the ASVAB and scored in the 98th percentile. I just want to know whether he's trying to get me screwed into being enlisted when I really want to go officer. He's been talking about the Delayed Entry Program as well. There is no way I want to be enlisted, I didn't exactly spend 3 years getting my degree for nothing. The whole process is being held up right now because I had ACL surgery and have to apply for a waiver. In the meantime I just want to make sure I'm not getting tricked into anything.

Thanks, DB

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Enlisted recruiters and Officer recuriters are two different animals. If you are talking to an enlisted recruiter and don't want to be enlisted, then your wrong. There is no ASVAB prereq to talk to an Officer recruiter. I recommend looking for your local OFFICER recruiter. Good Luck.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like he's prepping you to Enlist. I've never heard of requiring someone to take the ASVAB to speak to an Officer Recruiter. Makes me wonder. Hmmm? Have you tried this number?
Brian Dixon, Officer Recruiter
Officer Programs
4400 Dauphine St. BLDG 602-2C
New Orleans, LA 70146
phone: +1.337.296.2557

-ea6bflyr ;)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well that helps, any idea on what I should tell the enlisted recruiter?
You're not obligated to tell him anything. If he calls you, tell him the truth. If he keeps bothering you, tell the officer recruiter.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well that helps, any idea on what I should tell the enlisted recruiter?

1) Talk to Officer recuriter and get that connection going

2) Then tell Enlisted Recruiter "thanks for help, but I only interested in commissioning programs" and fill in rest with whatever officer recruiter says (when you tell him or her what has transpired, they may give you advice on closing loop).

dbrauer87

Alrighty, that really helps, don't want to get screwed into something I don't want to do. Left a message with the office in New Orleans so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

dbrauer87

Great stuff....I can see I've been getting the run around. Enlisted recruiter telling me I need to take the ASVAB just to talk to the officer recruiter and all that stuff...

k_smittay

Alrighty, that really helps, don't want to get screwed into something I don't want to do. Left a message with the office in New Orleans so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

Oh common. Enlist first.... there is this great program that will send you to the fleet undesignated.. which pretty much means you get to walk around the boat all day and watch everyone work and decide which job you really want! Its awesome.. and it is sooooooo easy to become an officer once your enlisted! :icon_wink

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Oh common. Enlist first.... there is this great program that will send you to the fleet undesignated.. which pretty much means you get to walk around the boat all day and watch everyone work and decide which job you really want! Its awesome.. and it is sooooooo easy to become an officer once your enlisted! :icon_wink

+1

Goob83

None
Well the title pretty much says it all. I went to my local recruiter and he's telling me I needed to get over a 70 on the ASVAB before the officer recruiter would even come talk to me. I will be graduating in 2 months with my B.S. in Physics. I went ahead and took the ASVAB and scored in the 98th percentile. I just want to know whether he's trying to get me screwed into being enlisted when I really want to go officer. He's been talking about the Delayed Entry Program as well. There is no way I want to be enlisted, I didn't exactly spend 3 years getting my degree for nothing. The whole process is being held up right now because I had ACL surgery and have to apply for a waiver. In the meantime I just want to make sure I'm not getting tricked into anything.

Thanks, DB
This is crap you get he waiver after your accepted for non NUKE OFFICER JOBS PHYSICS DO YOU WANT NUKE OFFICER? PM Me if you don't have results by the time you read this