• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
haha nice quote in your signature, where is that from, Squeeze?

Chubby

Couple of questions, do they send E2/C2 studs to both Kingsville and Meridian or just Kingsville because it is closer? Also, can E2/C2 bubbas come back to instruct at the jet VT's? Is that a more difficult billet for them to get or what? Thanks.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No E2/C2 studs at Meridian anymore.

Yes, you can instruct in the jet VTs as a E2/C2 guy. We have a couple here in Meridian.

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
e2/c2 pipeline

anyone know what is going on with the E2/C2 pipeline. I haven't heard of anyone getting it for a while and I am getting ready to select and would like to know if they shut it down for a while.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Word on the street at k-rock is that the RAG is backed up for months. I could see why maybe the selections have slowed a little as of late. The most recent guys to check in to TW-2 dont start till Jan at the earliest. Take this with a grain of salt...I am by no means "in the know"

Best of luck

smellyheather

To give you an idea of how backed up things are in the E2/C2 pipeline, my husband just started training in Kingsville, one of our E2/C2 friends just checked in here last week and won't be starting till March. E2/C2 guys that just winged won't start at the RAG for another 6 months.

kray1395

To give you an idea of how backed up things are in the E2/C2 pipeline, my husband just started training in Kingsville, one of our E2/C2 friends just checked in here last week and won't be starting till March. E2/C2 guys that just winged won't start at the RAG for another 6 months.

So how long will you have spent down here including his time at VT-31 until he expects to be done with Kingsville. I just started with VT-31 this week and just want to get an idea about how long we can expect to be living down here. Not even a month ago I had a buddy inform me that the guys checking into VT-31 at the time for E2/C2 were given a prospective Kingsville class up date in September. It sounds like the wait time has become longer since hearing that.

If they're so backed up, maybe they should just transition a few of us over to the strike pipeline!!! I keed, I keed......... no I don't.

By the way, anybody got the latest information on the T-45C in Kingsville?? Are they still prodominantly flying the T-45A at this time?? Is the transition happening and if so, how fast is it going?? Thanks any and all.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
By the way, anybody got the latest information on the T-45C in Kingsville?? Are they still prodominantly flying the T-45A at this time?? Is the transition happening and if so, how fast is it going?? Thanks any and all.

Pray that you still fly the T-45A. The C will make you a lazy pilot and will be worthless in either the E2 or C2. Oh, and FLY CODs.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot

When I left in Aug, only IP's were flying the 45C. They are still having software issues with the -C sims, so they need to resolve that first.

In Feb, they said they expected the first students to start in the -C in July. That didn't happen. So I couldn't even fathom a guess. But don't expect it anytime before next summer.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
When I left in Aug, only IP's were flying the 45C. They are still having software issues with the -C sims, so they need to resolve that first.

In Feb, they said they expected the first students to start in the -C in July. That didn't happen. So I couldn't even fathom a guess. But don't expect it anytime before next summer.

Apparently you didn't read the title of this thread. It doesn't say EA6B/EA18 pipeline...

I'm not sure about guys that haven't winged yet out of Kingsville, but I know that some of my buddies that winged in August won't start here until Jan with the next class starting in April. So look to have a lot of downtime the beginning of next year. Save up plenty of leave!

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Apparently you didn't read the title of this thread. It doesn't say EA6B/EA18 pipeline...

Hey *****, we got the same problem with HUD cripples down here in Prowler land too. Maybe you haven't seen a Prowler, but we got no HUD.

:D

now go back to enjoying your stupid sandy beaches and traffic

PS: the skiing here rocks, but I already told you that :p

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Aout a week ago the tw-2 commodore said his goal was to start the first c-model student class in the jan-feb time frame. The head contractor got fired for the amount of time it has been taking to bring the sims online. No one else seems to think a class at that time will be possible.

Chubby

Is it just me or does it seem logical that the jet studs would be the first to transition to the C models, and that it'd be a while before they had the E2/C2 guys in the newer planes? Or would they do it by class, ie-everyone who checked in/started together?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Aout a week ago the tw-2 commodore said his goal was to start the first c-model student class in the jan-feb time frame. The head contractor got fired for the amount of time it has been taking to bring the sims online. No one else seems to think a class at that time will be possible.

He should get fired, they've been working on those sims for 2 years now.

The new commodore is a good guy, seeing as I have no clue how the -C transition is going now, I couldn't say. But its the same thing we've all heard before.