• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Democracy at work in House of Representatives?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Now those that watch this stuff on C-span please enlighten me..... WTF is this and please tell me this is not common place... If it is, god help us.

JTH

Yea looks pretty normal to me.. What was wrong with it? I though that's how all foreign countries worked...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Murtha - corrupt motherfucker. More evidence of his supreme douchery. I hope his constituents are proud.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember seeing this not too long ago. If I had been in the same room, I don't think I would have been able to control myself. He won't be around much longer.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Glad he's not from my district. Sad he's from my adopted Commonwealth.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That's a fairly old clip. Murtha is one of the most corrupt politicians, by far.

The guy is on tape with an FBI informant declining a bribe, but leaving the option open for "an offer at a later date." The only reason he didn't go down for ABSCAM in the early 80s was because he testified against other Congressmen.

He hooks the airport in his hometown up with 200M of pork over 20 years...for an airport that supports 3 flights a day. Corrupt? Nah....

Bevo16

pilot
Shit like that is seriously bad for the country.

We go all over the world making places safe for democracy, just to have this guy fuck it away at home.

jtmedli

pilot
Murtha - corrupt motherfucker. More evidence of his supreme douchery. I hope his constituents are proud.

Brett

Well said. What a D-bag. Somebody should have yelled out "Hey D-bag, you're a corrupt POS" at this meeting...very loudly. Probably would've been the most American thing to come out of it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congressman Sensenbrenner has had his own issues with parliamentary procedure. But I guess we can save the outrage for that episode for another day..:eek:

CAMike

None
Contributor
What's most dissapointing is that most folks around here get their marching orders in a round about way via these miserable elected individuals. 2010 can't come soon enough. Ugh.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The tragedy is that Murtha is a former Marine ...

Which further proves the point: it's not what you were ... it's what you ARE.

And .... all men have feet of clay ...

Memo to self: keep the faith, or you will lose all someday ...

SkywardET

Contrarian

Brett
I would say that they very much are, if you think actions speak louder than words. It's not like he's new to this type of things, yet he is now the longest-serving Representative and probably has more things named after him than most presidents.

I wonder if all of Pennsylvania is so greedy and corrupt as to value bacon-bringing over everything else, or if it is just Representatives perpetually gerrymandered district?

NUFO06

None
We are definitly at a low in American Politics, hopefully we can clean house next year. Maybe even start an ethics committee again, but that might be reaching.