• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

Kees

SNA Select
No big deal.
I'm actually a little worried that 10/11 got selected, I thought it was extremely hard to get an SNA slot.

SNA is pretty competitive, but they are needing pilots right now, which is why boards are rolling. My RO told me that 25 of 26 applicants were selected during the October '13 board (I can't verify this, not sure if anyone else can). The Navy is trying to load up.

JamesL37

SNA is pretty competitive, but they are needing pilots right now, which is why boards are rolling. My RO told me that 25 of 26 applicants were selected during the October '13 board (I can't verify this, not sure if anyone else can). The Navy is trying to load up.

Do you have any information on the Navy's need for SWO?

CTFly1

Per IUGuy... I'm on the Pro Rec Y list. I'm bouncing back and fourth between calm/surrealistic holy crap... and the occasional freak out. It was my last shot for at SNA and I paid a lot of money out of pocket to finish my degree in time (not eligible for TA as a student at a training command)... and I couldn't be happier!

exNavyOffRec

The actual numbers are just a bit more than the last several FY's, what is often put out and what is often heard are two different things, what is often said is "we need quality pilot applicants" which turns into "the USN needs more pilots"

They may need more people to send to OCS to make up for those that get NPQ'd at OCS, so needing more people to send to OCS as SNA is not necessarily a good thing. If it is early in the FY they can make up NPQ's, if it is too late in the FY they cannot.

Kees

SNA Select
The actual numbers are just a bit more than the last several FY's, what is often put out and what is often heard are two different things, what is often said is "we need quality pilot applicants" which turns into "the USN needs more pilots"

They may need more people to send to OCS to make up for those that get NPQ'd at OCS, so needing more people to send to OCS as SNA is not necessarily a good thing. If it is early in the FY they can make up NPQ's, if it is too late in the FY they cannot.

Makes perfect sense. I usually try not to take what I hear unofficially too seriously since it is nothing more than speculation. Now that I think of it, speculation is probably best kept to oneself--I'll remember this next time! Understandably, the numbers and facts tend to get distorted as they trickle down and often times what one hears does not reflect what is.

Thanks for clarifying NavyOffRec! Enjoy your weekend!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Per IUGuy... I'm on the Pro Rec Y list. I'm bouncing back and fourth between calm/surrealistic holy crap... and the occasional freak out. It was my last shot for at SNA and I paid a lot of money out of pocket to finish my degree in time (not eligible for TA as a student at a training command)... and I couldn't be happier!
big congrats...hopefully the board keeps on rolling when my package makes it there tuesday

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats CTI2, first big hurdle jumped, many more ahead... but you're underway. Good luck!:)
BzB